moonshine sally

moonshine sally

...you can call me Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

POPULAR

Hi all, I hope you're making the most of this astounding weather we've been having this weekend! Phew!

5 at fosters crags 2.jpg

10 days in with my Ceramic Sport Nav 2.0 and I'm loving it more and more with every passing day, finding more and more reasons to just 'nip out' somewhere, or take it for longish jaunts through some of the dramatic scenery we have up here in Yorkshire, which is so ubiquitous for us locals that we almost stop noticing it after a while ....but it is truly breathtaking!

ingleborough awaits.jpg

The car handles great, as you'd expect, and on twisting open roads is a complete and utter joy to drive! Some first impressions of my newly discovered pleasures of top-down driving: it's a revelation, hearing the cheep-cheeping of sparrows as you pass through hamlets and villages, the wonderful scent of newly cut fields of grass for silage, the eye-level view of red and yellow wildflowers in the verges, the top-down sunburn(!), the shear exhilaration of sitting with your bum almost on the road as you press the accelerator pedal, giving a whole new dimension to speed, the pleasant conversations that you can effortlessly strike up with perfect strangers about the car, almost anywhere that you stop. Equally surprising is the way you can detect the fleeting thick odour of poor unfortunate roadkill rabbits as they rot 'fragrantly' in the heat of the day as you pass them by, that's something you don't detect in a normal car! On the downside, how downright annoying are the morons in vans and German saloons, who want to 'tailgate' you because they can see right over the top of you and think they can impress you that they can keep up with you, within a few yards of your rear, why do they have to do that? ....rear-mounted gunner required for them!!

5 country.jpg

Keep applying the Factor 50 sun cream and get your top off, maybe we'll see each other out there sometime!
Sal

Pat

Pat

Away with the fairies

• Administrators
  • 31647 posts

Current mood: Question

Sounds like you have had a fantastic weekend Sal  :D

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 9233 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: Tired

POPULAR

I wholly concur with all you have said there, Sal  :thumbsup:

[PS: Having to share the public highway with said "morons" is the only unfortunate downside of driving one of the world's finest and most popular sports cars.] 

• Garffey and moonshine sally like this

badman

badman

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 22742 posts
  • LocationBaddly Manor

Current mood: Cheeky

POPULAR

Erm, excuse me Sal, if you have a white van or German car up against your back bumper, YOU AIN'T GOIN' FAST ENOUGH, especially round the twisty bits! :giggle:
  • Kev5, Garffey and moonshine sally like this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 9233 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: Tired

Erm, excuse me Sal, if you have a white van or German car up against your back bumper, YOU AIN'T GOIN' FAST ENOUGH, especially round the twisty bits! :giggle:

Correct, Sir!  :thumbsup:

Jackieham

Jackieham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationNr Blackpool
Sounds like you had a great time Sally.

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationIllogan, West Cornwall.

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

You'll fit in well here Sal with your affection for German Saloons !!   Luckily I have a German Estate ..........  ;) 

• moonshine sally likes this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 4895 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Dreaming

POPULAR

Great pics Sal..... :nod:

An ND, and pictures taken in 'God's own county'.....It just doesn't get any better! ... :thumbsup:

• Kev5 and moonshine sally like this

Roddy

Roddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15226 posts

Current mood: Amused

POPULAR

Surely we can get a drive out together into the Dales or Moors.  Plenty of Yorkies here, and I could possibly come south a bit to meet up, depending where you decide to go.

• Garffey likes this

moonshine sally

moonshine sally

...you can call me Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

POPULAR

LOL  :lol:  ....the twisty bits aren't the problem, I can usually leave them in the dust; no the only time they can catch me is when it's the straight trunk roads, A65, A59, where you have to look out for mobile speed traps (ahem, of which there are always some!) or where you're in a long line of holiday-maker traffic basically going nowhere fast ...that's where you have to watch for the 'tailgaters' from what I've experienced so far !!! :angry: 

• badman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users