Mazda MX5 Forum banner

A man walks into a garage

8K views 147 replies 33 participants last post by  Steveti 
#1 ·
And buys himself this

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Green

Actually two men, Slushy and myself.

After a bit of soul and financial searching, I discovered for a variety of reasons that I would be better moving on my Stormy Blue and buying this baby, a spirited Green Sport Black. It was first registered on 28 November 2011 and has covered 5170 miles. There are a few odds and ends to be seen too, namely the two front alloys have been kerbed and the front grille is damaged. The Alloys are to be refurbished to as good as new, (I'll be the judge of that) and the grille to be replaced. I also managed to get them to have it fitted with Eibachs as part of the deal.I stand by everything I have ever said about Mazda's ever increasing catalogue of so called Special or Limited Editions but I have to confess that the colour really did it for me, these are the colours they should have on the standard colour card, nor a regurgitation of the usual generally dark coloured subjects. :mad:

Now the big issue, Mrs ti and her mate are on holiday in Turkey this week and I have as yet been unable to contact her :eek:. I know she will be fine with it, especially when I show her the facts and figures that drove me to making this decision but, still, I would have ideally liked to have talked it through with her.

I also think that she will freak out about the colour, pmsl, it isn't exactly the quietest colour around is it and try as I did, I couldn't find a volume control for it. Ah well. I collect it on Friday, ready for her coming home on Saturday, this is going to be good!!:frantic::frantic::slap::slap:

See less See more
#6 ·
what a beauty, and a great colour too. so mrs Ti doesn't know. you're a braver man than me, bungdit in ( carry on reference). I bet she'll love it :thumbsup:

Reactions: Steveti
#8 ·
by Jove - a man (men) of spirited vision

bl**dy marvellous

well played Steve and Pupstar!
Can't wait to see it in the flesh :thumbsup:

Reactions: Steveti
#12 ·
It was a good day Steve. Hood down all the way to Glasgow, with Stormy Blue's twin exhausts blatting!
I just fell for Black the minute we turned the corner. The sun glinted off the paint luxuriously sort of saying..."Hello Steve, I'm yours baby if you want me":inlove:
Anyway we had coffee made for us, and Steve got down to the finer points of negotiations at which point I made myself scarce and went outside to look for negotiable paint chips. Steve being a canny Fifer, after all the negotiations had been successfully ironed out, sort of looked out the window...thinking. Says I.."Oh go on, you know you want to" As if anything I had to say was of any consequence..I knew the way he was looking at it, it was a done deal:giggle: What are pals for?
Eventually he did the right thing and offered her a good home:D. He is really soft hearted that way!
It will be an evocative trip home this Friday. One of the oldest green 5's in convoy with the latest green 5.
Must say, the staff at that dealership are excellent. Nice attitudes.
See you Friday Steve to pick her up.
I can feel a photo coming on;)
Take care till Friday mate!

#14 ·
It was a good day Steve. Hood down all the way to Glasgow, with Stormy Blue's twin exhausts blatting!
I just fell for Black the minute we turned the corner. The sun glinted off the paint luxuriously sort of saying..."Hello Steve, I'm yours baby if you want me":inlove:
Anyway we had coffee made for us, and Steve got down to the finer points of negotiations at which point I made myself scarce and went outside to look for negotiable paint chips. Steve being a canny Fifer, after all the negotiations had been successfully ironed out, sort of looked out the window...thinking. Says I.."Oh go on, you know you want to" As if anything I had to say was of any consequence..I knew the way he was looking at it, it was a done deal:giggle: What are pals for?
Eventually he did the right thing and offered her a good home:D. He is really soft hearted that way!
It will be an evocative trip home this Friday. One of the oldest green 5's in convoy with the latest green 5.
Must say, the staff at that dealership are excellent. Nice attitudes.
See you Friday Steve to pick her up.
I can feel a photo coming on;)
Take care till Friday mate!
Reckon you baffled them with your know how:unsure: :nah::thumbsup:

#24 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I can't wait to pick it up now that I've spoken to Mrs ti. All is well but I think she will be on the other side of the Marmite fence re the colour :rofl:

Edit, there is even a performance driving course at Knockhill thrown in with the deal, 8 miles up the road from me, handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.