New anti roll bars on MK3 sport. - New to MX5life? - introduce yourself! - mx5life.com

Photo

New anti roll bars on MK3 sport.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich
Looking on mx5parts and some IL branded bars for £200 front and rear. Worth it and does the radiator have to be moved to fit these particular ones?

Cheers

Graham

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

Looking on mx5parts and some IL branded bars for £200 front and rear. Worth it and does the radiator have to be moved to fit these particular ones?

Cheers

Graham

I've bought them, a "how not to install" anti tutorial to follow !

• Kev5 and Garffey like this

Dewi RS

Dewi RS

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 11985 posts
  • LocationWith the OFFAPIS

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

Rollbars are a bit of a black art, you'd do well to read Keith Tanner's book. "How to Build a High-Performance Mazda Miata MX-5".    Have you done anything else to the suspension or just put thicker ARBs in?

• Steveti likes this

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich
Have only just pressed buy now button to buy the arbs. I've fitted new drop links already. Everything else is standard sport set up. I'll get them on then get the alignment done again. I've done bars and bushes etc on other cars but for the Mazda it's just bars it's getting as the bushes are fine

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

The aim is just to make Zoom a little sharper. Not using on track and not doing power mods beyond my stainless back box.

• Garffey likes this

Steveti

Steveti

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus

• Premium Member
  • 8657 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

Current mood: Balanced

POPULAR

Racing Beat road bars, 25mm thick not the 32mm ones. ILM seemed to make little difference to contol unwanted body roll for even in tandem with fitment of BBR shocks and springs kit. The Racing beat have three adjustment points to hook the drop links onto, mine are at the max and provide a very neutral feel to the car.

The ride is stiffer but I like a good stiff ride as long as it all works in harmony with all components involved. 

• Gingertimbo and Copperzoom5 like this

badman

badman

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 27563 posts
  • LocationBaddly Manor

Current mood: Worried

POPULAR

Don't we all, Steve, don't we all? ;)
  • Dewi RS, Steveti, Garffey and 2 others like this

Steveti

Steveti

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus

• Premium Member
  • 8657 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

Current mood: Balanced

POPULAR

Don't we all, Steve, don't we all? ;)

Oof sir what do you mean??

• badman, Gingertimbo and Copperzoom5 like this

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

I read a post from you Steve from 6 years ago on the subject. Life and decisions aren't perfect so I went with the review on MX5parts that said it was good on their Sport. It gives me something to tinker with mechanically and will hopefully have a placebo effect so all will be good. Need some rear drop links then a wheel alignment.

Can't do rough rides now in either meaning due to a bad back!

Cheers gang

• badman likes this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8107 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Crappy

POPULAR

I read a post from you Steve from 6 years ago on the subject. Life and decisions aren't perfect so I went with the review on MX5parts that said it was good on their Sport. It gives me something to tinker with mechanically and will hopefully have a placebo effect so all will be good. Need some rear drop links then a wheel alignment.

Cheers gang

I contemplated fitting some yellow dot roll bars from the RX-8 to my Ae, (cheaper and quite easy to come by).

Sadly I never got round to do it, but hear good review from those that have done the mod....

• badman and Copperzoom5 like this

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

Cheers gang

I contemplated fitting some yellow dot roll bars from the RX-8 to my Ae, (cheaper and quite easy to come by).
Sadly I never got round to do it, but hear good review from those that have done the mod....
Thought about those but personally don't like using second hand parts, never know where they've been etc. But supposedly good and cheaper if you can find them. The arbs I've just bought were £190 front and rear which is fine, cheaper than the eibachs which I think trade on their name rather than being miles better, I maybe wrong but trying to keep my affordable roadster affordable.

• Pat, badman and Garffey like this

TK01

TK01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationValencia

Are you talking about sway bars? as in a suspension component?

Every time I've seen roll bars mentioned for MX-5s they are talking about roll over protection. Maybe I'm talking with too many Americans online!!

Edited by TK01, 07 January 2019 - 11:03 PM.

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

Every time I've seen roll bars mentioned for MX-5s they are talking about roll over protection. Maybe I'm talking with too many Americans online!!

Sway is American anti roll is English. Fender is bumper , hood is bonnet and trunk is boot. We'll teach them good old Americans to speak property eventually.!

• steveh, Gingertimbo and TK01 like this

TK01

TK01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationValencia

POPULAR

Sway is American anti roll is English. Fender is bumper , hood is bonnet and trunk is boot. We'll teach them good old Americans to speak property eventually.!

:D I knew of the fender/hood/trunk ridiculousness, but the funny thing is my South African and Aussie friends call them "sway bars" as well and usually they speak British English. :giggle:

Edited by TK01, 20 May 2019 - 03:36 PM.

• Copperzoom5 likes this

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5131 posts

Current mood: Angelic

POPULAR

I thought we (in the UK) tend to call them anti roll bars which aids in the differentiation from a roll bar.

• Steveti, Gingertimbo and Paulo like this

TK01

TK01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationValencia

Good point Steve, that makes a lot of sense.

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5131 posts

POPULAR

Anti sway bar would be to me a more correct term at least then it gives a clue as to it's function. I don't hear the term stabilzer bar used very often either again descriptive.

• Copperzoom5 likes this

Copperzoom5

Copperzoom5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNorthwich

POPULAR

An anti sway bar is a bar selling non alcoholic drinks.

• Qu1ckn1ck and TK01 like this

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5131 posts

The Sway Bar I believe is in Holborn, where you apparently can go and meet extravagant and beautiful people. What a load of bull's testicles.

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15481 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

The Sway Bar I believe is in Holborn, where you apparently can go and meet extravagant and beautiful people...

Correct, Sir. I am often there myself.

• Steveti likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users