Tempted again ..... ! - Bargain Alert! - mx5life.com

Photo

Tempted again ..... !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 32717 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

I love these RM Rileys, I had a 1.5 litre RME in the 1970s but this 2.5 litre RMF is a beauty:      https://www.ebay.co....on/153731890432

s-l1600.jpg

• Jono, Mark, MJL and 7 others like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

• Premium Member
  • 32717 posts

A very interesting array of badges.  I still have my RM Club badge similar to the one on the far left of the badge bar.

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15477 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

I also love the appearance of the Riley RM and that one looks really nice, in a lovely colour combination too  :thumbsup:

What are they like to drive, Nick?

• Qu1ckn1ck likes this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

• Premium Member
  • 32717 posts

POPULAR

I also love the appearance of the Riley RM and that one looks really nice, in a lovely colour combination too  :thumbsup:

What are they like to drive, Nick?

For an old car the RME was very smooth and comfortable with rack and pinion steering, nice sporty gear change  and adequate brakes and handling. They were built in the MG Abingdon factory and were far sportier than the equivalent MG saloons of the era.

• MJL and Kev5 like this

Dewi RS

Dewi RS

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 11984 posts
  • LocationWith the OFFAPIS

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

I always loved the RM, probably one of the nicest looking UK cars ever made.  I think it was the engine from one these that MG used in the EX181 record breaker.

PA040113.jpg

Edit:  Just checked my archives and EX181 used an MGA twin cam engine with a Riley RM gearbox - I knew there was some connection   :)

chillax

chillax

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCentral Scotland

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

My Papa had a two-tone metallic (fern?) green one with a black vinyl roof (RMF). I was only about 5 when he had it (so about 1975) and he was it's seconf owner. Bought it from his brother who lived in Bath. Can remember being in it and the smell of the wood and leather was awesome. Loved the "suicide" front doors! My dad and Papa used to do all the work on it.....they even custom made their own exhaust for it, quite a feat back in the early 70's. Used to love watching them working on it, was my dad who really got me into fixing cars.

Nice memories seeing that pic Nick!

• Pat, Kev5, Qu1ckn1ck and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users