TeeVee has disgraced itself AGAIN!! - Page 2 - MX5 & General Car Chat - mx5life.com

Photo

TeeVee has disgraced itself AGAIN!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ali5

Ali5

Unicorn finder

• Administrators
  • 9760 posts

Current mood: Vegged Out
Consider a warranty from a third party? I know Ade did this for a fraction of the price. Could be peace of mind whilst your tyres run down

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 32717 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice ! 

My local Mazda dealer has been very good over many years.  My local Ford dealer was also very good but the branch has closed and been redeveloped.  My experience with both Toyota and VW locally has been distant and lacking in any real connection.  I cannot fault either the several Fords or the VW Polo GTI we have owned for reliability although since retirement our cars cover minimal miles, around 2500 miles between services. 

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15477 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

Reading the above post by Mark and VW's recalcitrance regarding goodwill, I realise that I did very well indeed to get an 80% contribution from Mazda (rear hub carrier replacement) on a car that was 12 months out of warranty! The dealer (Vospers, Exeter) who handled the case and the subsequent repairs were also exemplary.

• MJL, Pat, badman and 3 others like this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15477 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

I am pleased to report that TeeVee, my troublesome ND, has now had it's window lift mechanism replaced by the local Mazda repair agent and the warranty claim has been submitted, accepted and processed.

The service manager said that in all their years they have never seen such a failure on any Mazda!

I have now taken out a second, independent breakdown cover with Green Flag, such is my mistrust of the car. I will attempt a 190 mile journey tomorrow to visit my brother and his wife in Aylesbury.

I may be some time...

• Ali5, badman, Qu1ckn1ck and 2 others like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 32717 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

I am pleased to report that TeeVee, my troublesome ND, has now had it's window lift mechanism replaced by the local Mazda repair agent and the warranty claim has been submitted, accepted and processed.

The service manager said that in all their years they have never seen such a failure on any Mazda!

I have now taken out a second, independent breakdown cover with Green Flag, such is my mistrust of the car. I will attempt a 190 mile journey tomorrow to visit my brother and his wife in Aylesbury.

I may be some time...

Good luck Kev !!

• Kev5 and Garffey like this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8107 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Crappy

POPULAR

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice ! 

My local Mazda dealer has been very good over many years.  My local Ford dealer was also very good but the branch has closed and been redeveloped.  My experience with both Toyota and VW locally has been distant and lacking in any real connection.  I cannot fault either the several Fords or the VW Polo GTI we have owned for reliability although since retirement our cars cover minimal miles, around 2500 miles between services. 

Reading the above post by Mark and VW's recalcitrance regarding goodwill, I realise that I did very well indeed to get an 80% contribution from Mazda (rear hub carrier replacement) on a car that was 12 months out of warranty! The dealer (Vospers, Exeter) who handled the case and the subsequent repairs were also exemplary.

Must admit, In my many years of (me and the wife) owning Mazdas, we have never been left 'High & dry'.....

The nearest to a 'debacle' being the new gearbox saga for the Mk2.5 sport I owned at the time, and I think more down to JCT600 (SPIT)...Protecting their profits than anything else!

Mazda and Trading standards were fantastic.....

I've only had a rattly roof on my first RC fixed.

And a few months back a new CV boot on the wifes old Mazda 2.

Daughter also had something with her air con and a leaky front strut replaced with no quibbles....

So, unlike my colleague that has a 14,000 mile Audi A4 with a leaking crankshaft seal that Audi washed their hands of!  :mad:

• Kev5 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users