TeeVee has disgraced itself AGAIN!! - Page 3 - MX5 & General Car Chat - mx5life.com

Photo

TeeVee has disgraced itself AGAIN!!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Steveti

Steveti

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus

• Premium Member
  • 8741 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

Current mood: Balanced

POPULAR

It's definitely a poor show from Mazda and their engineering design team. As we all know Mazda have in the past come up with various fundamental issues such as a sad lack of corrosion protection, paint that scratches with a hard stare and the NC with it's notoriously bad suspension geometry alignment from the factory, that said, they have not really had any major issues with key mechanical component failure after low mileages.

I do wonder if approaching Mazda UK asking for some answers may give some insight, especially if a similar letter were written to Fiat UK re the issue on the 124. My experience with Mazda UK might suggest that you would get two very different answers regarding the failure of the same component on essentially the same but differently badged vehicles.

Just a thought.

• Kev5 likes this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15732 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

It's definitely a poor show from Mazda and their engineering design team. As we all know Mazda have in the past come up with various fundamental issues such as a sad lack of corrosion protection, paint that scratches with a hard stare and the NC with it's notoriously bad suspension geometry alignment from the factory, that said, they have not really had any major issues with key mechanical component failure after low mileages.

I do wonder if approaching Mazda UK asking for some answers may give some insight, especially if a similar letter were written to Fiat UK re the issue on the 124. My experience with Mazda UK might suggest that you would get two very different answers regarding the failure of the same component on essentially the same but differently badged vehicles.

Just a thought.

A good idea, Steve  :thumbsup:

Do you think that a letter (email?) from the forum, with as many signatures as possible, would carry more clout?

Steveti

Steveti

• Premium Member
  • 8741 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

POPULAR

I was really just wondering how the two manufacturers would react to being challenged about this issue and without mention of it being a known issue on the opposite branded car i.e. no mention of it being a known issue on the Mazda in the letter to Fiat and vice-versa. 

Depending on the replies, let's assume Mazda do their usual and deny all knowledge of an issue and Fiat were to confirm it as an issue, that would give some weight to it being taken more seriously. If both were to deny it, then it could very well be worth gathering evidence from both Mazda and Fiat forums. 

It would make for an interesting excercise.

• Ali5, MJL, Pat and 1 other like this

MJL

MJL

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 11213 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Current mood: Happy

POPULAR

I am disturbed by all of the above. I am also disturbed that a friend's six month old Mazda 3 needs a new dashboard display board... but they need time to get one and want him to miss another days work to fit it!

Australia is a big market for Mazda and they have been very successful in 'growing their market share'. It now makes me feel that they see themselves as established and don't need to offer the exceptional service they (and their dealerships) once did.

Our own Mazda 2 displays are also misbehaving occasionally.

I want a car with a reliable, economical engine, analogue gauges,  wind-up windows, 'easy clean' interior and compact exterior dimensions. A Morris 1100 springs to mind!

• Pat, Kev5 and Qu1ckn1ck like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 33357 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

I am disturbed by all of the above. I am also disturbed that a friend's six month old Mazda 3 needs a new dashboard display board... but they need time to get one and want him to miss another days work to fit it!

Australia is a big market for Mazda and they have been very successful in 'growing their market share'. It now makes me feel that they see themselves as established and don't need to offer the exceptional service they (and their dealerships) once did.

I want a car with a reliable, economical engine, analogue gauges,  wind-up windows, 'easy clean' interior and compact exterior dimensions. A Morris 1100 springs to mind!

Not sure about the 1100/1300 speedos being analogue, Martin:

10974231.jpg

• MJL likes this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15732 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

POPULAR

Yes, and in the antipodean climate a Morris 1100 would probably last more than 5 years before reforming into an automotive 'colander' of extensive, aggressive, terminal corrosion!

• MJL likes this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8266 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

Whilst waiting to see how the Vitara had fared on it's mot, I decided to look for contact details for Mazda customer service....

Phone number in hand ....I rang.

It didn't take long to be answered...

I asked the chap on the other end how aware he/they were of the NDs hub bushes becoming a problem.

However as expected he was rather non committal, and on 'goodwill' quoting that 'criteria had to be met'... ie Mazda service history (mine has).....he didn't say what else....

I explained that I was aware of quite a few cases of NDs needing a rather expensive repair, and as mine was low mileage and just a few months out of warranty, I wouldn't like to be saddled with a large repair bill....but that it was mentioned mine had slight play at the service and I would like something done sooner rather than later, (don't want to wait for it to start clunking & banging!) and that this somewhat sours the experience of MX-5 ownership.

He wouldn't discuss 'other cases'....again I mentioned I understood his/Mazdas approach.

Sorry, forgot to ask if the new bushes would be uprated ones.... :banghead:

Long story short it's a return to dealer to see what they say, and for them to file a claim for Mazda to consider and then take it from there.

• MJL, Kev5 and Rosko like this

Les allen

Les allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

POPULAR

I spoke to Mazda uk today,It turns out local dealer has not spoken to them despite telling me it not cover under warranty.Car is now booked into Mazda dealership on Monday to check out the knocking noise on the rear.Which we know is due to the bushes.Fiat dealership still can’t understand why they are behind so difficult.
  • MJL, Kev5 and Steveti like this

Steveti

Steveti

• Premium Member
  • 8741 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

POPULAR

To be 100% honest Les, no surprise that these issues still stand with Mazda dealerships and Mazda UK. As stated I have had some experience over the years with the dealerships and Mazda UK and have found them not only unhelpful but to the point of belligerence when dealing with very well documented issues, they are both quite happy to deny and refuse to accept any issues (despite them being well documented) with their vehicles.

Personally I would not buy any Mazda vehicle other than the MX5 with which I dearly love and have taken precautions to ensure their longevity especially my current NC which is a little bit special.

• MJL and Kev5 like this

Les allen

Les allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

POPULAR

My plan is if they repair it under warranty I’ll keep the car and get it undersealed to protect it from the Scottish weather.If it not going to get fixed then I’ll use it for the summer then take the hit and trade it in for something else.
  • Kev5 and Garffey like this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15732 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

POPULAR

I am angered by the continuing recalcitrance and even denial by dealers and Mazda UK, of this burgeoning design fault.

This issue needs to be taken out of the closet and given full exposure - now!

• Rosko and Garffey like this

Rosko

Rosko

Rosko

• Premium Member
  • 3859 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Current mood: Lurking

POPULAR

I must admit I look at all the newish models on here and hear about the problems they have and it does put me off buying a new one or even a second hand one . Sure I would like luxury and street cred of a new car . The fun of playing with all the toys etc . I have been in Kevs and they are lovely but they have problems ,expensive problems  which Mazda do not want to know about until on the steps of the court !!  No I have enough hassle in my life with losing legs , collapsing Wigwams  etc I willstick with my Eunos for the forseeable , I sort of understand the mechanics involved and local garages more used to Tractors recognise the Technology  involved ( sort of ) . Anyway the last time I visited a Mazda main dealer I rolled up in Nan , she was clean and looking good . I walked in to view the new model of the MX5 with an itch , I wanted one . Wiped my feet and was totally ignored , they all took a Tea Break . So Stuff you I thought ! I had even brought a Pen I could have signed with , a specialy adapted one which worked even with my Gangrenous finger and shakey hand .

• MJL, Kev5 and Steveti like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users