Rosko

Rosko

Rosko

• Premium Member
  • 3867 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Current mood: Lurking

POPULAR

I got an Email from Euro Parts so had a look . Granted Nan has not done the miles required to need an Oil change or a New Filter by all accounts ....but taking the Belt & Braces approach and knowing I will get her out this year I checked out the deals they were offering . I got 4ltr of Magnitex half price and a K&N Oil Filter , Free delivery for £38.00 !! Nan has sat for a long time not moving but being started and driven maybe once a month so there is a possibility some crud has gathered . So to be sure to be sure !  And at half price it is a Del Boy Bargain !! :hug:

• Ali5, Mark, Kev5 and 3 others like this

Kev5

Kev5

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 15740 posts
  • LocationNorth Devon

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

It's always a very good call to change the oil and filter at least annually, regardless of mileage or usage. In fact the less it's used the more chance of oil contamination due to infrequent / short runs.

The highly corrosive by-products of combustion and accumulation of moisture condensation are not given the chance to 'burn off' as they would with longer runs and hotter engine temperatures.

Generally, with little used motors, oil changing should actually be more frequent. Take Nan out for a good thrashing more often, Ross - she will thank you for it!

When the weather improves I will come over and take us both out in her. 

The problem I have this time of year is poor driving conditions, shitty, salty, damaged roads over Exmoor and the fact that there is no phone signal should I break down (and TeeVee has an unfortunate history of unreliability as you know). 

Roll on lighter nights and warmer weather mate.

It'll come soon enough  :thumbsup:

• Ali5, Qu1ckn1ck and Garffey like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 33412 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

Don't worry if you miss Euro Car Parts offer, another one will be along in 30 seconds !     :rolleyes:

• Ali5, Kev5, Rosko and 2 others like this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8275 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

Yes, must admit Eurocarparts has become my 'go-to' for service items, I did an engine service on the Vitara back in October using the 50% off...

As Nick alludes to....They have become the DFS of car parts supply!.... :giggle:

• Qu1ckn1ck and Rosko like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 33412 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

Yes, must admit Eurocarparts has become my 'go-to' for service items, I did an engine service on the Vitara back in October using the 50% off...

As Nick alludes to....They have become the DFS of car parts supply!.... :giggle:

They even send me personalized email reminders that it is a year since I bought a particular oil and shouldn't I be thinking of doing another oil change !

• Rosko and Garffey like this

Rosko

Rosko

Rosko

• Premium Member
  • 3867 posts
  • LocationSomerset

POPULAR

They sell the right stuff at a discounted price  and deliver the next day for free ! What more do you want !

• Ali5 and Garffey like this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8275 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

They even send me personalized email reminders that it is a year since I bought a particular oil and shouldn't I be thinking of doing another oil change !

Yup!....Ditto!  :rolleyes:

• Qu1ckn1ck and Rosko like this

Rosko

Rosko

Rosko

• Premium Member
  • 3867 posts
  • LocationSomerset

POPULAR

I got my email informing me they have 50% off Wiper blades today , as mine are not quite the right fit I took a look . Most advertised were single Blades but they had a pair of Bosche Wipers with a deflector on the right for just under £20 , so applying the discount code it came to £9.74 with free P&P  ! I consider that a bargain !!  I just need to refurbish the Wiper arms themselves .   

• Ali5, Pat and Garffey like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users