5 replies to this topic

Pancho

Pancho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

POPULAR

Hi Folks,

I have a MK3 25th Anniversary MX5 which I believe is basically a 2.0 Tech Sport with a few embellishments. I am toying with the idea of upgrading with a BBR Super 200 normally aspirated tuning package.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

If so was it worth doing?

• Ali5 and boxerdog1 like this

Roddy

Roddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 20847 posts

Current mood: Fine

Steveti has good relationships with BBR, but not the package you are looking at. I'm sure he will be along shortly.

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8389 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

Evo magazine review....

https://www.evo.co.u...ew-and-pictures

• Kev5 likes this

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5210 posts

Current mood: Angelic

POPULAR

I'm sure Steveti will add to my post , I've had two turbo conversions from BBR and my current mk 3.75 was converted 5 years ago and has performed flawlessly since then, It puts out a mere 300bhp.  They also (like Steveti's)  have done extensive road friendly modifications to the suspension system i.e coilovers with enough travel to cope with a road and not a race track and stiffened roll bars tuned to the coilovers and the change in the centre of gravity from lowering.

All their conversions contain a large number of components of their own design, which are then extensively researched and tested. Neil the owner has probably remapped more MZR 2.0L then the rest of the country put together, he knows that engine and it's management in great detail. Each remap is tailored to the individual engine via the rolling road, it's is unique not a generic basic map.

I have not had a BBR 200 but ran a 180bhp install from another  'MX5 expert' which in hindsight I should have paid the extra pennies.  The camshaft  and exhaust manifold are their own designs and you'll certainly smile at the uplift in torque and BHP it gives over stock. Sadly naturally aspirated tuning doesn't come cheap when you look at gains vs cost, forced induction gives more value in terms of output per £.

In my opinion they are very reputable company, I visit once a year for service , MOT and a chat .

• Kev5, Garffey and Paulo like this

Paulo

Paulo

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 678 posts

Current mood: Relaxed

I have had mine done about 4 years ago and it transformed the car. I have had no reliability problems whatsoever, and I have been back to BBR for a suspension upgrade since then. As Steve said a reputable company and I can recommend them. 

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3622 posts
  • LocationIllogan, West Cornwall.

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

I've stuck with normal aspiration ....would be rude not to  ;)

tnF6xbIh.jpg

• Kev5 and badman like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)