The Campervan is now just a Van ............. - MX5 & General Car Chat - mx5life.com

Photo

The Campervan is now just a Van .............

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3622 posts
  • LocationIllogan, West Cornwall.

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

As you may have seen in my post back in December I bought a 9 month old 5000 mile VW T6 California Beach , loads of warranty and sold under the VW Das Welt 100 odd check scheme.  I guess Diane Abbott may have been tasked with counting the checks on this one though - it had missing undertrays and on very close inspection had a full respray on offside - to be fair quality was excellent and only the measuring of paint depth on the side in question gave the game away.  As I had asked the question pre purchase 'Any bodywork or paint repairs' and was told absolutely not  it was returned to dealer for a full refund .

Anyway , during the period of ownership I quickly realised that although I loved the 'van experience' , I didn't really need the 'away in the wilds' lifestyle which would be afforded by the sleeping and cooking (albeit minimal) attributes of the California.  What I really needed was a 'day van' which could be used for a variety of jobs inc. beaching with Mrs H and the Boxerdog plus moving stuff around from time to time .

In their wish to atone for the 'California experience' the dealer has sourced me a brand new T6.1 Transporter Kombi at a very discounted price . It's the new version of the T6 with a lot of enhancements over the previous model. The Kombi version of the Transporter is simply a part van /  part car type vehicle and this one has the benefit of a 199ps engine and Haldex Four Wheel Drive - I've only had it a couple of days but it's a hoot to blast around in  :) .

Given the significant adulation on Life for all things German I've attached a few pics for you  ;) 

91bnXIvl.jpg

1rPhOHVl.jpg

qJl1rLOl.jpg

hoJCSCyl.jpg

xJbL4gGl.jpg

• Pat, badman and Steveti like this

Rosko

Rosko

Rosko

• Premium Member
  • 3975 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Current mood: Lurking

POPULAR

A very nice example of a quality vehicle . I looked hard at these before I bought the Nissan Elgrand but they were out of my price range !   Also I needed something a little bigger to accomadate two Disability Scooters . The MPG on the Nssan is terrible , you can hear it gulping it down as you press the pedal !!  

• boxerdog1, Steveti and Garffey like this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8389 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

Oh BD, a van!!!!.... :(

And it's not even white!.....

:giggle:  :giggle:  :hug:

• badman, steveh and boxerdog1 like this

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5210 posts

Current mood: Angelic

POPULAR

You could turn that into a very attractive 'beach' van. Get a roof rack for the surf boards/kayaks, great fun.

• boxerdog1 likes this

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 3622 posts
  • LocationIllogan, West Cornwall.

Current mood: Devilish

POPULAR

You could turn that into a very attractive 'beach' van. Get a roof rack for the surf boards/kayaks, great fun.

Lots of enhancements on way Steve  :)

• steveh and Garffey like this

badman

badman

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 27805 posts
  • LocationBaddly Manor

Current mood: Worried

POPULAR

Ooh, think of all the toilet rolls, pasta , bread and beer you can get in there, Jim. ;)
U
You soon have the van paid off. :)
  • Pat, steveh, boxerdog1 and 1 other like this

Dewi RS

Dewi RS

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 12150 posts
  • LocationAlways in the doghouse

Current mood: Pensive

POPULAR

So, what do we call you now Jim?  Van Morrson, Van Halen, Van der Graff Generator? ...... Or that well know Dutchman, Salford Van Hire?   :)  

• Pat, badman, Qu1ckn1ck and 2 others like this

Qu1ckn1ck

Qu1ckn1ck

Spending the kid's inheritance .............

• Premium Member
  • 33912 posts
  • LocationBaldock, North Herts

Current mood: Busy

POPULAR

So, what do we call you now Jim?  Van Morrson, Van Halen, Van der Graff Generator? ...... Or that well know Dutchman, Salford Van Hire?   :)  

Surely -  Van Go

Van Gogh !  see what I did .....

• boxerdog1 and Garffey like this

badman

badman

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 27805 posts
  • LocationBaddly Manor

Current mood: Worried

POPULAR

As long as BD doesn't Van Ish off here who cares what we call him. :)
  • Qu1ckn1ck and boxerdog1 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users