djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

Current mood: None chosen

POPULAR

Got a lovely hand above the windscreen wave from a lady in a white '5 yesterday. Around 09:10 on Abbeymead Avenue, Gloucester. Always lovely get a wave.

• Ali5, Pat, Kev5 and 2 others like this

Pat

Pat

Away with the fairies

• Administrators
  • 38499 posts

Current mood: Sweet Tooth

POPULAR

Great to hear Dave

It doesn't cost anything

and puts a smile on peoples faces :)

get a lot of waves here in Suffolk  :D

• Ali5, Mark, Kev5 and 1 other like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

POPULAR

Great to hear Dave

It doesn't cost anything

and puts a smile on peoples faces :)

get a lot of waves here in Suffolk  :D

It's a bit intermittent here in Gloucester, I find most, if not all, Mk4's encountered don't wave back. Maybe they have their first MX-5 and don't know about the wave. I'll persevere of course and let them carry on thinking it's someone they know HAHAHAHAHAHA
I had a black Porsche beep at me a few weeks ago, pretty blonde women too. I was walking so I think it was the RTTW T-Shirt I was wearing HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  (Ride to the Wall).

• Ali5, Mark, Pat and 1 other like this

Steveti

Steveti

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus

• Premium Member
  • 8985 posts
  • LocationTweasel town.

Current mood: Balanced

POPULAR

It's a rarity to get a wave or even a nod from 'fellow' MX5 drivers around here irrespective of mark, my conclusion, miserable bu**ers. Saying it as I see it.The one exception has been a chap that frequents the pub opposite my Daughter's house near Dundee, there is a fella with a Mk1 that will stop for a natter if he sees me there.

• Pat, Kev5, bill119 and 1 other like this

Garffey

Garffey

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 8770 posts
  • LocationCleckhuddersfax

Current mood: Fine

POPULAR

On my recent tour around north Yorkshire I got more waves from ND owners than anyone!.... :nod:

• Pat, Kev5, Steveti and 1 other like this

Ali5

Ali5

Unicorn finder

• Administrators
  • 10609 posts

Current mood: Relaxed

POPULAR

Last weekend, I got a wave from a 10th anni, mk1, YELLOW mk1 (bigger wave!) and a mk4, but neither of the mk3s waved back :( the mk1 I’d passed the two previous weeks and this was finally them waving back. Wave at everyone, wear them down!
  • Mark, Pat and djrose007 like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

POPULAR

I think it's great when there is a feeling that we are a 'fraternity' of sorts. I always start a chat if I see an MX5 parked up anywhere even if I'm not with my 5 myself.
Same with Bikers, never have a problem and 99 times out of 100 you get a nod of the head back, or even beforehand if they are really keen. Exceptions tend to be 'L' riders, but they'll learn.
Oh, and don't even mention 'Just Eat', 'Deliveroo', 'Pizza Hut Delivery', even the ones that aren't learners don't nod back so I don't count them in the 100!

• Ali5, Pat and Steveti like this

rimx5ch

rimx5ch

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 105 posts
  • Locationderbyshire dales

POPULAR

ive found some do and some dont 

• djrose007 likes this

Mark

Mark

Having fun topdown in my MX5

• Administrators
  • 11419 posts

Current mood: Thinking

POPULAR

I generally flash my lights first to attract their attention, and then wave, although it can be hit and miss whether I get a wave back.

Years of driving MX5s have taught me that unless the other MX5 is topdown then you are unlikely to get a wave back :nah:

• Pat, Garffey and djrose007 like this

Mark

Mark

Having fun topdown in my MX5

• Administrators
  • 11419 posts

Current mood: Thinking

POPULAR

Got a lovely hand above the windscreen wave from a lady in a white '5 yesterday. Around 09:10 on Abbeymead Avenue, Gloucester. Always lovely get a wave.

Dave you are not far from me, so I will keep an eye out for the James Bond MX5, and wave if I see you :nod: :)

• Ali5, Pat and djrose007 like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

POPULAR

Dave you are not far from me, so I will keep an eye out for the James Bond MX5, and wave if I see you :nod: :)

I'll watch out for you too and if I see someone waving who is not in an MX5 I'll know it's you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Ali5 and Mark like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

POPULAR

I'll watch out for you too and if I see someone waving who is not in an MX5 I'll know it's you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Ali5, Mark and Pat like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

POPULAR

I generally flash my lights first to attract their attention, and then wave, although it can be hit and miss whether I get a wave back.

Years of driving MX5s have taught me that unless the other MX5 is topdown then you are unlikely to get a wave back :nah:

I was extremely embarrassed to drive around for a few weeks with the top up, still waved but the other 5's must have thought I was stupid having an MX5 with the top up.
It was broken of course, in the end it turned out to be the switch unit for the windows, the passenger side would not come down. I realised what it was but it's a long story as to why it took me so long to get it fixed. Should have just taken it to the dealer in the first place. Now all is good with the world and the top is down unless it's actually raining.

• Mark, Pat, Kev5 and 1 other like this

Wrangler

Wrangler

Token Yank

• Premium Member
  • 20481 posts
  • LocationRenville, Minnesota

Current mood: Mellow

POPULAR

I often put the top up if it is colder than -4 and snowing. 

• Kev5, bill119, Steveti and 1 other like this

djrose007

djrose007

djrose007 - Dave Rose

• Premium Member
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGloucester

I often put the top up if it is colder than -4 and snowing. 

Yeah, I guess we can forgive you for putting the top up in those conditions  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Wrangler

Wrangler

Token Yank

• Premium Member
  • 20481 posts
  • LocationRenville, Minnesota

Current mood: Mellow

POPULAR

The reason that I drive an RC is that you can put the top down at colder temps than a vinyl top. 

• Pat, Kev5 and djrose007 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users