3 replies to this topic

rimx5ch

rimx5ch

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1137 posts
  • Locationderbyshire dales

Current mood: Cheerful

thinking of getting a stainless steel sports cat middle pipe (got a stainless back box on ) been quoted  350£ fitted   will it be a lot noisy and will it pass a m.o.t 

steveh

steveh

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 5307 posts

Current mood: Angelic

POPULAR

Sorry can't recall which model you've got.  For all models except the mk3 onwards I suspect the exhaust may get louder  and change in character if your going to a smaller volume free flowing sports single cat, however the back box is your main silencer . The mk 3 has two cats and the exhaust note/volume  is dictated by presence or abscence of the primary cat in the manifold and the back box. The secondary cat in the mid pipe is pretty free flowling already.

The MOT, they are supposed to check that both cats are present on the mk3 but as far as I'm aware not allowed to remove anything to get a clearer look, I've no primary cat but the downpipe is pretty well hidden. The car will pass an MOT on the single sports cat alone if it's functioning as it should emissions wise.

• Steveti, Paulo and rimx5ch like this

Paulo

Paulo

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 737 posts

Current mood: Relaxed

POPULAR

Just as Steve says, I have the BBR Super 200 pack fitted with the single free flowing Sports cat and a GT back box. As for noise its fine at touring speeds but give it the beans and the exhaust howls.  The likes of the BBR sports back box I believe is full on noise even at touring speeds. I can't comment on any other manufacturers back box / exhaust systems. I have just had it in for its MOT today and it has passed no problems, i just give it the beans for a couple of miles on my way to the garage for the MOT.  it has been sorned since last July as well. 

• Pat, badman, Steveti and 1 other like this

rimx5ch

rimx5ch

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • 1137 posts
  • Locationderbyshire dales

Current mood: Cheerful

thank for the replies will be getting one me thinks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users