Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I'm gonna be straight up with you, my mx5 is very sound when it comes to all things engine but she has some body work issues with rust and a dent in the passenger side as a result of coming off the road in the snow recently.

Apparently, according to my insurance company the type of car she is is very COLLECTABLE because it is rare... Now I don't know how true this is, but it means I cannot afford to renew the insurance on her :-(

I don't have the expertise to work on her myself, but as I said she is very sound when it comes to the engine, so if you like to work on mx5's then this could be ideal.

Alternatively, if you just want a cheap good looking convertible that you want to run in to the ground or race then contact me too.

No leaks in the roof
1.6 litre engine
16 valve
Chrome roll bars
Pop-up head lights
Silver
1992 (registered 1996)

New in the last 6 months -
Radiator
Front brakes

Open to negotiations on price. Let me know if I can give you any more details (I'm no good at this selling cars thing!)

·
Unicorn finder
11,450 Posts
If you want to keep her, try Adrian Flux? They do some really good policies foe modifications, and unusual cars? N also, specify mileage to reduce costs?
Poor yoj to be forced to sell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Pat Ideally I would like to get £1000 for her, since that's what I paid for her and have subsequently done some work on her. But I am not sure how likely it is that I'm going to get that.

·
Away with the fairies
41,119 Posts
You only need one person to fall in love with her to get the price

Have a look on flea bay and see what comparables are going for

Its the right time of year to sell

If you have to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts