Mazda MX5 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 281 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,394 Posts
Yes! (y) ..Thanks for that Jono, I always have a soft spot for a 'Lambo'...
Remember my first ever matchbox toy car was a Muira, I'd probably be about 8 then!

Reactions: MJL and Kev5

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I am not sure I could say that there was a single car with any enduring value in that shed. There were lots of toys for the obscenely rich and their value rests on their being vast inequalities of wealth.

I hope we get to a more equitable international tax system soon.

I think the topped will collapse first as they did in the last century... (Stick to classic cars like the MX-5.)

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,763 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

Well, I may stand alone here, but I didn't take to that Tim Burton (whoever he is...) at all.

An obscenely wealthy, 'hurrah henry' who giggles like a schoolgirl and has a hoard of modern, grossly ugly, unnecessary supercars which seriously does not constitute an interesting collection, in my humble opinion.

At least Harry Metcalf works for his supper.

Reactions: Garffey and MJL

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,763 Posts
That 2C⚡EV clip will give our Chris Garffey apoplexy!!! 🤯 ... 🤣

[Blimey...£40 grand!!!😱]

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
10,394 Posts
That 2C⚡EV clip will give our Chris Garffey apoplexy!!! 🤯 ... 🤣

[Blimey...£40 grand!!!😱]
Thank you, Jono.

What Kev said... especially about Garffey's apoplexy!
AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!..................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, just seen the quotes as I don't watch the EV Stuff.....Gonna have to go lie down now and ring in sick to work!...🤒

• Haha
Reactions: MJL and Kev5

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,763 Posts
Now that was an interesting and unusual post, thank you, Jono :)

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Thank you, Jono.
One of my teenage friends went on to become a really wonderful metal worker and he really made me green with envy when he told me he had made a new door for his brother-in-law's Lambourghini Espada out a few sheets of metal. I remain incredibly impressed. He was called Sergio and came from the area around Venice.
I thought I'd really like to see him when I retired, and searched his name on line. Sadly, although it was only about fifty years later but he and his wife had both died.
Have you ever eaten food from the land behind Venice? The Treviso? I suspect they died of ecstasy eating traditional food.

I've had time to remember and type all of that before Johnny got the Calibra out! I had lost my will to live before the end of the video so the disappointment at the end was quite alright.

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,763 Posts
That was actually an incredibly interesting clip!

Thank you, Jono.

·
Premium Member
10,394 Posts

Reactions: Kev5

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
This was actually a very enjoyable clip. Thank you, Chris. 😊

It was fun to identify the cars before the presenters by their engineering and layout. I don't like the word but it was 'carceology'!

201 - 220 of 281 Posts