Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
You’d be better removing your belts and getting them re-webbed.
Universal Seatbelts
Compound B Granites Farm, Southend Rd, Billericay CM11 2UQ
They do a fantastic job and even sew on the bottom labels, so anyone inspecting them will assume they’re OE.
Vehicle Hood Car Seat belt Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your message, they look fantastic. I honestly don't want to disassemble and ship my belts together with their fasteners, i thought it would be almost plug and play.

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,610 Posts
Not to sound arsey but at £44 for a pair of brand new seat belts id be desperately concerned about their quality & integrity in a serious impact.

Reactions: MJL and Kev5

·
9,610 Posts
No, you need to send the whole assembly but it’s quite simple to do. There’s pyrotechnics involved, so leave it to the professionals.
Yup, tensioners in the fasteners that pull (very tight I believe) in a serious impact.

Reactions: MJL

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had a look at those eBay seatbelts. They’re not suitable IMO. You’ll have problems with the electrics, they’re not equipped with the pre-tensioner gubbins (the explosive bits) and I think you’ll be getting into more trouble than what you’re saving. I think I paid £160 all in for mine or thereabouts. What price keeping it safer and correct ?

·
9,610 Posts
I had a look at those eBay seatbelts. They’re not suitable IMO. You’ll have problems with the electrics, they’re not equipped with the pre-tensioner gubbins (the explosive bits) and I think you’ll be getting into more trouble than what you’re saving. I think I paid £160 all in for mine or thereabouts. What price keeping it safer and correct ?
Ditto David.
Best advice on all things safety related is to never cut corners.
I think your's was £160 well spent.
£40 odd quid isn't going to cut it. UK supplier but what origin? Not saying all Chinese imports are bad as I've had some very well engineered & built stuff (not car related) from China but...

Reactions: Pat, David and Kev5

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Ditto David.
Best advice on all things safety related is to never cut corners.
I think your's was £160 well spent.
£40 odd quid isn't going to cut it. UK supplier but what origin? Not saying all Chinese imports are bad as I've had some very well engineered & built stuff (not car related) from China but...
cheap price cheap seat belts

·
9,610 Posts
Reactions: rimx5ch
1 - 10 of 10 Posts