Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
38,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After quite a struggle, first with the Post Office and then the DVLA, the DVLA have finally issued me a new V5 registration document
for the MGB GT LE declaring it a historic vehicle and thus exempt from mandatory MOT's and on a Nil Band for VED payment.

The car was first registered in February 1981 and the DVLA had incorrectly recorded it as also built in 1981. I had to obtain a Heritage Certificate
and prove that the car was built in 1980 and so qualified as "Historic".

No word of a refund for the year's VED I was obliged to pay because of the DVLA's incorrect records but I will follow that up vigorously.

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,610 Posts
Persistence Nick, you need it by the bucketload when dealing with these kind of (tax collection) agencies but well done.

It only took them four months to update my photo on my driving licence. Could have done it 'online' if I had a valid passport but it expired as Covid came about so little point in renewing it for the time being. It may have cut the wait by a month mind you.

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,610 Posts
I did end up talking to DVLA during the long wait and they said I would be fine if asked to produce my licence.
I also took photos if the licence before it was posted off into the abyss.

Reactions: Qu1ckn1ck and Kev5

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Good news Nick, and I hope you get a refund sorted too...
I've only just got the V5's back for the 400 Superfour and 600 Hornet I bought in April and June.
And on Monday I got a letter back from them advising me I could keep my driving licence as I had to tell them about the vertigo I'm suffering from the start of the year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts