Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped over to Oulton Park last Friday for the Qualifying / Test Day for the Ferrari Challenge. These fellas genuinely can't drive, the sessions were halted every few minutes because some talentless clown had gone ploughing up the grass and knocking trees down. I got bored with standing about with nothing to see by lunchtime so went home for a nice cuppa tea. I did get a few photos; though - which in itself is a miracle given how much track time I actually saw :)

Some pics here for anyone interested ............

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
38,987 Posts
Certainly very colourful cars even if they couldn't stay on the circuit ! Great photos as usual D !

·
Premium Member
12,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cracking photos mate . just because youve got a expensive car doesnt mean you can drive it properly
Absolutely! These people are so rich, it's like some sort of exclusive "club". The entries ran to just about 8 cars for the main event and 4 for the so called "classic" races. There was no official entry list published prior to the event but we were however promised exciting classic Ferrari racing to support the main event, so I was expecting maybe an original Testarossa or even a GTO but all we got were some 1980s wedge shaped things.

They buy their way into racing, and turn up at these exclusive events with their £million motorhomes and transporters, complete with pit crews and an entourage of sychophantic followers - most of whom have false tits and lips you could sucker to a Halfords shop window, all looking like clones of each other. It's only when you see them out on the track that you realise why they have these exclusive events just for their own little circle of the privileged - basically they can't drive so they'd be chucked straight out of any other events! Every session bar none was stopped within a few minutes of the start because some talentless rich kid or other spun off or hit the armco, in the end it got boring standing about waiting for a re-start so I went home.

It was poles apart from the usual events I turn up to at Oulton, like the Gold Cup or the 750 Club and the Neil Howard Stages - all events where the entrants are genuine enthusiasts who have come up via club racing and learned their craft whilst scratching together the cash to pursue their racing. Ferrari racing is a whole different world, and not one that I entirely understand - nor do I want to. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts