Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Just as an aside...by definition, committing an 'offence' surely means that someone has to be offended? Like a robbery, or an assault. Now, that's an offence.

So, who has been 'offended' if we pick up a speeding ticket? Or a parking fine? A copper? Parking attendant? Hardly, they're just carrying out a duty.

So who then? Who have we possibly 'offended' by committing a minor motoring transgression, on our own, with no third party involved?

Hmm, am I being obtuse? 馃く (By the way, this Whyte and Mackay is slipping down nicely! Good night folks, chat soon :giggle:)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think that applies in the UK Chris
Oh goody...Apologies, it just came up on our 'local' web-site and I saw the first couple of paragraphs...Doh! 馃き

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Oh goody...Apologies, it just came up on our 'local' web-site and I saw the first couple of paragraphs...Doh! 馃き
We have the same problem with our local paper now that it's been taken over by a national company,
they know nothing about the local area and many times I've read an article only to find out it applies to Wales or Scotland and nothing to do with us.
I've written to them a few times but it just falls on stoney ground, they've got rid of the local reporter, and I think they do it just to fill empty spaces on the cheap.

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
Just as an aside...by definition, committing an 'offence' surely means that someone has to be offended? Like a robbery, or an assault. Now, that's an offence.

So, who has been 'offended' if we pick up a speeding ticket? Or a parking fine? A copper? Parking attendant? Hardly, they're just carrying out a duty.

So who then? Who have we possibly 'offended' by committing a minor motoring transgression, on our own, with no third party involved?

Hmm, am I being obtuse? 馃く (By the way, this Whyte and Mackay is slipping down nicely! Good night folks, chat soon :giggle:
Legal terminology Kev. Legal offences Vs personal umbrage or offense.
In general the law can be a donkey, no, mule, damn it ass. Got there in the end 馃槈

1 - 7 of 7 Posts