Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone has posted videos from this channel but it's one I've been watching for a few months and meaning to mention.

Harry was the founder of EVO Magazine and appears to have a large barn full of cars to play with.

Here are a few to get us started.

First one of my favourite cars. The Jaguar XJ12 Coupé

Another favourite. The Jaguar XJS V12. I tried to buy one of these from the Mintex test fleet when I worked there but missed out in the sealed bid auction. Probably for the best as it had been ragged up and down the Alps with the brake discs red hot. The dash was full of holes from the test instruments.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Great find Jono :thumbsup:

As a previous subscriber to the magazine, the only car of Harry's that I ever really envied was his Clio Trophy 182.

I believe Harry went onto new ventures a couple of years ago - I wonder what he's up to now ? His story of how he founded and funded EVO is amazing.

Reactions: Kev5

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great find Jono :thumbsup:

As a previous subscriber to the magazine, the only car of Harry's that I ever really envied was his Clio Trophy 182.

I believe Harry went onto new ventures a couple of years ago - I wonder what he's up to now ? His story of how he founded and funded EVO is amazing.
He has a farm but I don't know if he's a farmer. Here's a look around his barn last September.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I've been following him for quite a while, having subscribed to Evo in the past.
He is a consultant to Jaguar SVO these days, and had a hand in the Project 7, SVO Range Rover etc. He always comes across as an ordinary bod (just happens to have a garage the size of a hangar which is full of cars, free fancy Jags on tap, and an 80 odd foot boat he charters in the south of the France). Oh, and a lovely farmhouse on a huge farm. And a collection of Paris-Dakar bikes. Poor chap.

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,024 Posts
Really interesting stuff - thank you, Jono :)

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Nice 'little garage' he has.... :inlove:

Wouldn't mind taking the 750 Kawasaki or either of the Countach's for a 'spin', I'll have to watch out for the videos.

Ta Jono.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
I've been following him for quite a while, having subscribed to Evo in the past.
He is a consultant to Jaguar SVO these days, and had a hand in the Project 7, SVO Range Rover etc. He always comes across as an ordinary bod (just happens to have a garage the size of a hangar which is full of cars, free fancy Jags on tap, and an 80 odd foot boat he charters in the south of the France). Oh, and a lovely farmhouse on a huge farm. And a collection of Paris-Dakar bikes. Poor chap.
Maybe we should have a whip round for the poor fella :)

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
5,322 Posts
Some good stuff to get through there when I've got time :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
21,208 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but Harry who? Harry Worth? Harry Hill? Prince Harry? Uncle Harry? (Oh no, he never had a car and died years ago.)

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
Still wading my way though these but this fella's great, a really refreshing change from a lot of the Yoo Toob car offerings we seem to have these days ...... why does he remind me of George Martin though? No matter, he's really interesting. The BBC should do a "Top Gear Classic" and get him presenting it. :)

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
Excellent video, Jono :) He's such an interesting bloke.

Reactions: Jono

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,531 Posts
Something more exotic (expensive) and very yellow.

Somewhat familiar albeit with smaller dimensions --- ND ish

Reactions: Kev5 and MJL
1 - 20 of 370 Posts