Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum. I have owned a mk1 mx5 but am currently restoring a Lotus Elan and I'm intending to use a pair of MX5 headlamp actuators to convert from the existing vacuum system. I already have the actuators and the B481 67 7COB 'Relay Retracta' unit which I believe sits under the dash. I'm trying to find a plug which this unit fits (the white bit in the photo). I'm guessing I need an old dash loom to cut the plug off. Does anyone here have a plug or an old loom which they would sell?

Cheers

Matt

Automotive lighting Textile Eyelash Gesture Font

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum. I have owned a mk1 mx5 but am currently restoring a Lotus Elan and I'm intending to use a pair of MX5 headlamp actuators to convert from the existing vacuum system. I already have the actuators and the B481 67 7COB 'Relay Retracta' unit which I believe sits under the dash. I'm trying to find a plug which this unit fits (the white bit in the photo). I'm guessing I need an old dash loom to cut the plug off. Does anyone here have a plug or an old loom which they would sell?

Cheers

Matt
Very rare apparently insofar they are a Eunos 1840cc engine size item only according to Andrew @ Autolink.
UK cars are seemingly green colour, and a different code.
BUT..opinions appear differ greatly on that as well, possibly confused with dim-dip stuff.
Never the less, Mx5 Parts sells them, stating they are actually cross-compatible.
Expensive.......

Try Mx5Bitz, speak to Rob Rhind. He's a good straight talking fellow.
He' resoldered them.
Seem prone to age related dry joints...like a few of us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts