Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour je viens vers vous comme j'essaie de monté un omex sur ma mx5 nb de 2002 avec un 1,6l
J'ai réussi à le brancher et à faire les réglages sauf que démarrer il fait rien du tout donc sûrement mal branché sur les bobines
Donc je voudrais savoir si quelqu'un en a déjà monté un et si il peut m'aider

· Away with the fairies
42,944 Posts
Hi Tom, welcome

would it be possible to write in english please

in the meantime this is the translation

Hello I come to you as I am trying to mount an omex on my 2002 mx5 nb with a 1.6l
I managed to plug it in and make the settings except that starting it does nothing at all so probably badly connected to the coils
So I would like to know if anyone has already mounted one and if he can help me.

Community-verified icon

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello I come to you as I am trying to mount an omex on my mx5 nb from 2002 with a 1.6l
I managed to plug it in and make the settings except that starting it does nothing at all so probably badly connected to the coils
So I would like to know if anyone has already mounted one and if he can help me.

· Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,875 Posts
Hi and a warm welcome to 'Life' sorry I can't help you with this issue but hopefully someone will be along that can help you out.

Bonjour et bienvenue dans "Life", désolé de ne pas pouvoir vous aider avec ce problème, mais j'espère que quelqu'un sera là pour vous aider.

Reactions: Kev5

· Registered
27 Posts
Not aquainted with the Omex but have some experience with other systesm so any advice I can give will be generic only.

From what what you have put you are using the Omex for full engine management, that is fuel and spark?
In that case I'd check that you are actually getting a spark (which is easily done with a spare sparkplug) and that the injectors are being triggered. At least this will tell you where to focus.
Next thing I'd check out are the inputs. Can you plug the unit into a PC and check what it can "see" from the sensors, whether is is showing any issues and if it's indicating that it is triggering the fuel and spark?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts