Mazda MX5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Many thanks for the update and photos, Alex -- please keep them coming 馃槂

Premium Member
As the CD/Cassette unit is double din I'd buy one of the storage/shelf kits and fit a single din unit with usb....
Just keep the double din for posterity! 馃槈
Even cd's are a bit antiquated these days!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As the CD/Cassette unit is double din I'd buy one of the storage/shelf kits and fit a single din unit with usb....
Just keep the double din for posterity! 馃槈
Even cd's are a bit antiquated these days!
it had some bluetooth unit in it with a storage cubby but i like the look of the original ones alot more, plus i have a bluetooth speaker lol
and anyway the rattles are much louder than the music so i dont listen to music in it lmao

Having fun topdown in my MX5
well i got in today and the cassette and cd players turned on, very confused lol
View attachment 75427
only issue is that when a cd is put into the cd player it just says "disc set" and a couple of - flash next to it, when i press play it stops flashing but still ejects the cd (the other buttons do the same thing, when pressed after the flashing stops its starts it again)
i know they break a ton but cant find anything on this
if anyone has run into/fixed this issue please let me know how you dealt with it
{looked a bit more and found that it could be a bad laser, which is apparently about $150, so thats going to wait lol}
May be worth trying a CD cleaner (if you can still buy them?), see if that helps?

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Many thanks again for the updates and photos, Alex (y) 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Many thanks again for the updates and photos, Alex (y) 馃槉
whenever i buy anything thats interesting ill update it, usually send the same stuff in some other groups so just put it here at the same time
also just after i say i have nothing to buy i think ive bought a lip spoiler so ill update about that if i end up getting it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
whenever i buy anything thats interesting ill update it, usually send the same stuff in some other groups so just put it here at the same time
also just after i say i have nothing to buy i think ive bought a lip spoiler so ill update about that if i end up getting it
paid him, got a courier picking it up tomorrow, should arrive wednesday (also center exit exhaust? looks out of place on an na imo)
ended up costing about 拢60 which is pretty good when a new one is 拢140 (both inc postage)
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Bumper Groundcover

Premium Member
I prefer red, I think it makes it look as though it belongs and not something that's been added on.
I'm with Bill......much better painted! :love:

Reactions: Kev5

Premium Member
Skodaboy
ive caught covid so wont be able to work on it for a bit, when i can ill update it a bit more
I hope you get well soon, Alex 馃

21 - 40 of 46 Posts