Mazda MX5 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
feeling a bit better now, but i have an issue
from what i can see i think the engine has been replaced with a long nose 1.6, the vin plate on the oil pan has been removed and the vin is 10000 before the long nose was put into nas, i need to know if theres any other places the vin is on the engine
Automotive tire Road surface Water Human leg Automotive wheel system

no service records before 2 owners ago, no mention of an engine swap either

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
VIN before 209446 are short nose and easy way to identify by 4 slots on crankshaft pulley , Long nose has 8 slots.

oh its 100% long nose, only thing i dont know is if the vin thing is different in the uk? 209446 is american vins - its 127422 in europe, mines around 110000. the vin plate + that + 8 slots confirm it for me, would like to know if the vin is on the engine block though as i would like to know what car it came from

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
been a little bit, havent had anything go on with it but should be picking up a cover for behind the seats tomorrow
decided to keep the spoiler black after seeing some images of them red, its a bit too subtle and makes the car less interesting imo
also i think ill be fitting one of those offset plates and removing the sticker one, i feel like its too big for the front and takes the attention away from the rest of it
went for a drive today, got a few more photos
Car Plant Vehicle Sky Vehicle registration plate

Cloud Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
decided to finally neaten up the hardtop ive had lying around, cut it with t-cut and am pretty happy with the results
will attach before and after photos
Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant Car Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Plant Vehicle

heres a comparison to the respray, its slightly less reflective but from 2 meters looks the same colour
Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive tail & brake light Bumper

41 - 46 of 46 Posts