Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,738 Posts
Im not familiar with the specifics of the Venture model but is it giving you false alerts or are the alerts genuine?

If the former there must surely be something in the manual to mute the alerts, alternatively keep within the speed limits?

Again if it is a genuine alert how far over are you going when it kicks in?

Welcome to 'Life' good people with huge knowledge on here, why not pop over to the new member section and drop an introduction?

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,738 Posts
Tend to treat the 30 & 40 limits as absolutes myself but once in NSL zones & motorways will go over (sometimes substantially if time & road conditions are appropriate) so appreciate the nag factor.
As said hopefully some details in the Venture specific manual or others with Ventures - sure we have a few - will lend assistance.

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,678 Posts
Is your SatNav an Alpine branded unit, as if so then it will be the same unit as in my 2014 25AE.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to switch off the warning, but I find that the SatNav map is a little out on its location, not by much but enough for it to think that you are still in a 30 when you have passed a 50 sign say. It is a little annoying when you know you are not speeding, but is always a good safety check when you are on unfamiliar roads.

Reactions: bill119
1 - 6 of 6 Posts