Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a far better revised offer for my ND2 from Nortonway Mazda and their buyer wishes to inspect my MX5 tomorrow morning. Bit of a panic to clean 12 months
garage dust and cobwebs off the car. Then realised it had a small 1.5cm scuff on one wheel rim edge so fun and games driving onto wooden blocks to be able to get hydraulic jack underneath and to replace the wheel with my brand new unused spare. Good job I am paranoid about having a spare for every car. It was a bit of a sweaty job as we have scorching sun and high humidity at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,024 Posts
Re the spare, Nick - surely it doesn't fit in the car anywhere?

EDIT: I realise that was a silly question - you must like to keep one in the garage?

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Received a far better revised offer for my ND2 from Nortonway Mazda and their buyer wishes to inspect my MX5 tomorrow morning. Bit of a panic to clean 12 months
garage dust and cobwebs off the car. Then realised it had a small 1.5cm scuff on one wheel rim edge so fun and games driving onto wooden blocks to be able to get hydraulic jack underneath and to replace the wheel with my brand new unused spare. Good job I am paranoid about having a spare for every car. It was a bit of a sweaty job as we have scorching sun and high humidity at the moment.
Good Luck dealing with buyer tomorrow Nick, I'm sure they won't be disappointed and will be rubbing their hands with glee!
Must admit its a bit tempting to chop my ND in and look to buying something cheaper as retirement talk intensifies in our household!
But wifey wasn't impressed when I showed her pictures of an immaculate Jag XJ 3.O!! :ROFLMAO:

·
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re the spare, Nick - surely it doesn't fit in the car anywhere?

EDIT: I realise that was a silly question - you must like to keep one in the garage?
My Garage(s) are full of spare wheels and tyres, some singly and some in sets. Imelda Marcos had a shoe problem, I have a wheel fetish. Every so often I have to cull wheels for cars long sold.
Yes the spare cannot be carried on the car but most punctures are found at home anyway. If punctured locally a phone call to the son and heir should spark the cavalry to the rescue (just hoping he finds and brings the correct wheel)

·
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Luck dealing with buyer tomorrow Nick, I'm sure they won't be disappointed and will be rubbing their hands with glee!
Must admit its a bit tempting to chop my ND in and look to buying something cheaper as retirement talk intensifies in our household!
But wifey wasn't impressed when I showed her pictures of an immaculate Jag XJ 3.O!! :ROFLMAO:
How about an XJ220 ?

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
^^^ Oh god!....I wish, budgets probably about £375k short though!.... :love:

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,595 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow, and look forward to seeing your thread on your new (older) MX5 sometime soon

·
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck for tomorrow, and look forward to seeing your thread on your new (older) MX5 sometime soon
Talking to Theo on OC Forum who is advertising an NB Limited Edition Icon from 2000. It was expensive and top of the range in it's day with all the goodies, lsd, 6-speed, leather, matching hardtop, Nardi wheel, etc. History and photos look very good but his price expectation is rather high.

·
11,595 Posts
Maybe bide your time for a couple of months, once the hour goes back in October, with the shorter days signalling the start of Winter, then any cars on the market, the sellers may be happy to take a realistic offer to sell the car, rather than having to hold on to it for a few months and wait for the start of Spring 2022

·
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe bide your time for a couple of months, once the hour goes back in October, with the shorter days signalling the start of Winter, then any cars on the market, the sellers may be happy to take a realistic offer to sell the car, rather than having to hold on to it for a few months and wait for the start of Spring 2022
.. now when have I ever done something sensible like that Mark ! Almost all my cars are bought on a complete whim, Spot it ! Like it ! Buy it ! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,024 Posts
A real good'un for someone, Nick. Looking like new and already run-in 🙂

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Hope it all worked out for you Nick... (Including the free cobweb!....😊).
I look forward to hearing of a future purchase!

·
11,595 Posts
I reckon someone from the dealer will drive it on trade plates for a bit, to make the most of the free half tank of petrol

·
38,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I reckon someone from the dealer will drive it on trade plates for a bit, to make the most of the free half tank of petrol
... I felt that I could afford to be generous Mark !

Thanks for the tip about getting a quote from WBAC, I used their price and Motorways to get the figure I wanted, they even swallowed the door edge paint damage noted on the inspection.

·
11,595 Posts
... I felt that I could afford to be generous Mark !

Thanks for the tip about getting a quote from WBAC, I used their price and Motorways to get the figure I wanted, they even swallowed the door edge paint damage noted on the inspection.
Nice one! (y)

Reactions: Qu1ckn1ck

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Congratulations, Nick.

Are you going to talk to Theo from the OC Forum now?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts