Mazda MX5 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Spending the kid's inheritance .............
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Congratulations, Nick.

Are you going to talk to Theo from the OC Forum now?
Theo's ICON has had one sill only repaired which means there is likely to be unseen rust already in the other sill and very probably in the front chassis legs which has me rather worried. He has also owned the car for less than a year. His price is top dealer price but without any of the statutory customer protection safeguards ( 馃ぃ ) of buying from a dealer. I am taking a few minutes to think again about that one. I might even consider buying a cheap project Mk2.5 and have it totally stripped and restored professionaly as I have done previously with MGs and Mini Coopers.
Open to suggestions .....

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Wow! I've just had a look at Theo's motor and was shocked to see the price. I thought that mk2.5's didn't hold their price because of the bad press about chassis rails so I've been going around thinking that they weren't worth much and if anyone had come up to me and offered me 拢1000 I would have snatched their hand off but it's made me think twice now.

Premium Member

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Wow! keep digging them up Chris you're cheering me up no end, because of their reputation I thought my 2005 Arctic wasn't worth a carrot .The last time I had my car serviced the mechanic said he was nervous when he poured the oil in in case he spilt some as the car was that clean and if he had offered me 拢800 I would have taken it. My trouble is I have a love hate relationship with my 5 because it costs me 拢600 a year to keep it on the road and I've only been doing 300miles approx per year thanks to tis Covid lark maybe next year will be different, but then I thought that last year.

Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow! I've just had a look at Theo's motor and was shocked to see the price. I thought that mk2.5's didn't hold their price because of the bad press about chassis rails so I've been going around thinking that they weren't worth much and if anyone had come up to me and offered me 拢1000 I would have snatched their hand off but it's made me think twice now.
Most Arctics appeared to be priced between 拢2.5K and 拢3K at the moment. for a reasonable looking one.

Premium Member
Wow! keep digging them up Chris you're cheering me up no end, because of their reputation I thought my 2005 Arctic wasn't worth a carrot .The last time I had my car serviced the mechanic said he was nervous when he poured the oil in in case he spilt some as the car was that clean and if he had offered me 拢800 I would have taken it. My trouble is I have a love hate relationship with my 5 because it costs me 拢600 a year to keep it on the road and I've only been doing 300miles approx per year thanks to tis Covid lark maybe next year will be different, but then I thought that last year.
Only a 1.6 Bill....but this one has had the chassis legs done...I think!馃え (advisories at 48,000) and still has only 52k on the clock....

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
As we all know with 2路5's they are either immaculate or rot boxes, I'd only had my Arctic 1 yr. when Robin " Slushbox " posted the pictures of his chassis rails and that triggered off other people showing theirs, well it scared the living daylights out of me so much so that the first thing I did was to pump my chassis, sills and body panels full of waxoyl and my car has never been out in the rain since, talk about being paranoid. The good news is my car is the same now as it was 10yrs ago.

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Only a 1.6 Bill....but this one has had the chassis legs done...I think!馃え (advisories at 48,000) and still has only 52k on the clock....
I've never paid that much attention I just assumed Arctic's were 1路8ltr

Premium Member
... and I always thought that they were all Razor Blue like my old one. I understand yours is silver, Bill, And I think that they did a titanium/grey one too.
View attachment 74719
Yes Nick, I thought they were all Blue too!...
Heres a Titanium one!...

• Wow
Reactions: Qu1ckn1ck

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Yes Nick, I thought they were all Blue too!...
Heres a Titanium one!...
Blimey 拢6000 and it doesn't mention the hardtop that was an option, it says 13 stamps so I've just been and counted mine and yes I've got 13 stamps as well don't they all have a stamp every year. It says it's owner was a unique lady but doesn't say why so I'm a unique bloke 'cause there can't be another like me. ;) :rolleyes:

Having fun topdown in my MX5
it says 13 stamps so I've just been and counted mine and yes I've got 13 stamps as well don't they all have a stamp every year.
The advert is for a 2005 car, so its 16 years old, so a stamp every year equals 16 stamps, but it has 13 stamps, which means that it has been been serviced every year except for 3 years!

Reactions: bill119
21 - 36 of 36 Posts