Mazda MX5 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
Today was the service and MOT day. On the service they noticed that the rear callipers were seized and when they got them stripped down they found it was only one so it wasn't going to cost as much as they first thought. It passed the MOT ok so with the money saved from the calliper I booked the car in for an underbody waxoyl, it has been done in the past but it was 10yrs ago.so in need of a top up. I think it helps people to know how much things cost and it doesn't bother me so it was 拢292 all in, including 拢42.87 VAT for the treasury's annual dinner.
Good news on the 'pass' Bill (y)....
As I said when I took the ND for m.o.t the other day I was expecting to have to have some pending work, but fortunately the ND doesn't seem as heavy on the brakes as the previous Mk3's I've had.
Enjoy while we have a bit of sunshine....I've added to the mileage on mine this week and over 21,400 now!....:unsure:

Reactions: Kev5 and bill119

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's funny but when I bought the car 10yrs and 19,000miles ago they MOT'd it and said it was getting ready for front brake pads and an exhaust, it's still not had any pads or an exhaust,
it's always had a loose baffle but it only rattles when I'm in reverse and I know how to hold the accelerator to stop it happening as it's a bit embarrassing in front of the neighbours.

Premium Member
It's done well then Bill....
My Mk3 2.0 Rc went through a set of front pads and discs at 18,000!!

Reactions: bill119

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The car has gone in today for it's pre booked Waxoyl treatment, luckily it's not raining so it's nice and dry underneath. Should be good for another 10yrs, I might even be tempted to take it out in the rain now and again, but then again-
I'll look after it while ever I'm fit enough to drive. I just hope that whoever gets it after me appreciates it.

Spending the kid's inheritance .............
The car has gone in today for it's pre booked Waxoyl treatment, luckily it's not raining so it's nice and dry underneath. Should be good for another 10yrs, I might even be tempted to take it out in the rain now and again, but then again-
I'll look after it while ever I'm fit enough to drive. I just hope that whoever gets it after me appreciates it.
Perhaps you could save it for a Viking Burial just like Sutton Hoo ?

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Fetched the car back from being Waxoyled and it was raining heavily, it's the first time that it's been in the rain for about eight years. I've had the car for 10yrs and in that time I have Fabsilled the top 4 times the last time was about 5 years ago and there wasn't any sign of beading all the rain just soaked in, now I know all the solvent will have evaporated but I would have thought that there would be some silicon left on the fabric but no not a skerrick.
I'm now sat in the house with the windows open as the garage is joined onto the house and it's filling the house with fumes, I hope it hurries up and dries.

Spending the kid's inheritance .............
My "Arctic" was chock full of Waxoyl. If it was left in the sun it left a "footprint" of Waxoyl drips.

Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It's the day after the Waxoyl and I'm sitting here freezing with the windows open but at least the fumes are fading, should be able to close them soon.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts