Reactions: Jono

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
I was enthralled. :p
Me too...

Please rush me the next instalment! :)
How far did you get with Mr Croker's other vids? https://www.mx5life.com/forum/index.php/topic/46483-geoffrey-croker-restorations/?hl=croker
To be brutally honest with you, Jono... ...not far at all. It rather reminded me of having to read Will' the Bard's Henry V at school for GCE Eng. Lit.

I didn't even get off the 1st page :sad:

One of our other Eng. Lit. projects was Willis Hall's The Long and the Short and the Tall, which I found fascinating. This is how I view that gearbox rebuild! :)

Reactions: Jono

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
I loved every minute of that, thank you, Jono :)

Reactions: badman and Jono

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
Just caught up on this.......

And now I've got to wait two weeks, it's just not good enough!!!

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
That alternator was in a dreadful state. When you consider all the other work that needs doing on the vehicle, why on earth didn't he just exchange it and get on with more important stuff?

To me, overhauling an alternator at home is tantamount to refurbishing an oil-filter cartridge! After all the time (and pain!) spent, it may or may not work - or, worse still, work for an hour, a day, or a week.

I am now going outside to get back under the FIAT to try to find out why that cheapo silencer knocks against the rear torsion beam! :mad:

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
I gained a new phrase, "Smooth as sandy butter". Seems to sum up the video, too.
Thanks Martin, that just makes my decision not to watch (along with Jonos numerous Leckky car thread) the right one!.... :hug:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts