Mazda MX5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I gained a new phrase, "Smooth as sandy butter". Seems to sum up the video, too.
Thanks Martin, that just makes my decision not to watch (along with Jonos numerous Leckky car thread) the right one!.... :hug:
Bad decision. For anyone who likes taking mechanical things apart (and possibly putting them back together) these videos are enthralling. The Australian turn of phrase only adds to the enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
I gained a new phrase, "Smooth as sandy butter". Seems to sum up the video, too.
Thanks Martin, that just makes my decision not to watch (along with Jonos numerous Leckky car thread) the right one!.... :hug:
Bad decision. For anyone who likes taking mechanical things apart (and possibly putting them back together) these videos are enthralling. The Australian turn of phrase only adds to the enjoyment.
Here here :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jono

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Apology to our Australian members. It appears Mr Croker is from New Zealand.

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
I had 11 years of taking gearboxes/worm drives/motors etc etc apart in my previous life as a mech eng fitter.....Even now getting deeply involved or just watching those things feels like a busman's holiday!!

I don't mind the occasional tinker tho'...... :p

Reactions: Kev5 and Jono

·
Token Yank
23,941 Posts
Never cared much for the Series III. It is much to posh! I have a friend that drives a Series I; he says the same thing about my Series II.

Reactions: Roddy and Kev5

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
That ^ brings back memories :)

Reactions: MJL and Jono

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
I'm glad this is continuing - thank you, Jono :)

Reactions: Jono

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It gets better...or worse...and will be different again in a few days!

He messed up! His explanation...which will be taken down and replaced itself.

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
I am delighted that he is willing to display his natural human fallibility.

We all have that involuntary human condition, of course.

Please keep 'em coming, Jono :)

Reactions: MJL

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
Thank you, Jono - as he said, "it's been a while..."

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
Jono, I hope you mind me posting this, but I found it fascinating...

Reactions: MJL
21 - 40 of 63 Posts