Mazda MX5 Forum banner

Land Rover Series III Restoration

4K views 75 replies 7 participants last post by  kevinrpallett 
#1 ·
This looks like it could be a very interesting series of videos. The first brings back many memories of taking mine apart.

#62 ·
Well, firstly I must thank you for posting this update, Jono -- I am very interested in this series 👍

Secondly, I have to admit that I had to veto the first of these two videos due to the mathematical content. I have always hated maths, logarithms, sines, cosines, tangents, algebra, tables, lists of meaningless (to me) numbers, etc, etc, etc...

However, the second video (above) was most entertaining and I look forward to the next instalment of 'Land Rover Restoration' 😊

#71 ·
Many thanks, Jono.

Firstly and most importantly, It really is great to see you back here on 'life' again 😊

Secondly, thank you for sharing these interesting vehicle fabrication and renovation clips with those of us who are interested in such things (y)

Looking forward to the next instalments 🙂

#76 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you, Jono...

[EDIT]
Now that I've watched it right through, I can honestly say that I could never find the amount of patience and perseverance necessary to try and fix such a heap!

As some know, I have been an MOT tester in a past life and the early Land Rover Discovery was one of the worst built and troublesome vehicles I have ever worked on. Even at only 5 years-old they were failing for brake line corrosion, serious oil leaks and myriad electrical faults.

I take my hat off to the chap in these video clips. He 'must want a job' as they say!