Mazda MX5 Forum banner

Mk2.5 induction

3K views 56 replies 5 participants last post by  safaristu 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Have a few ideas for induction on my 5 just after some feedback or photos of what everyone else is running. Looking at two systems the K&N and the rather expensive racing beat setup only thing that puts me off is the idea of pulling in hot air with the K&N as racing beat have a cold air feed also some people say you gain a few bhp but loose low end torque.....

K&N
Bicycle part Automotive tire Automotive lighting Cylinder Automotive wheel system

Racing Beat
Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

plus
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Rim

See less See more
#3 ·
Think you need a mix of the two. The k + n would suck in to much hot air but would take restriction out of the cross over pipe and the racing beat would suck in nice cold air but you have to keep the restrictive cross over pipe and to get best results from it you will have to buy both bits which i is about £300-£400. What did you think of mine?

#4 ·
Think you need a mix of the two. The k + n would suck in to much hot air but would take restriction out of the cross over pipe and the racing beat would suck in nice cold air but you have to keep the restrictive cross over pipe and to get best results from it you will have to buy both bits
Yeh, do you know thats excactly what I thought...O:)

#6 ·
Jumpman liked yours post a pic to remind me of the exact set up if you can. As for the stock pipe is it true that the little boxes on it help build up a small amount of pressure???

#8 ·
It is there to reduce induction noise and to hold a lil bit off air, so that when you blip the throttle it already has a suppy of air, but like i said it's main use is to reduce induction noise!:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Stu
While you're searching keep an eye on all forums and eBay
You never know when one may come up for sale.
I was sooo close to buying the backbox from Good Win when the one i now have came up on the OC.
Sheer fluke and a tribute to my manana attitude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.