Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,004 Posts
Thanks for another interesting YouTube series, Jono.

Despite my lack of interest in EV I liked the excellent presentation and professional approach to this project, so looking forward to seeing it develop.

Reactions: Steveti

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono. That is quite a find!

Very clearly and well presented and (much more importantly) carefully explained with thought having gone into what he will say.

I am surprised he is surprised that the MX-5 is a light car... :( :(

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,526 Posts
It gives me hope that an NE might be built one day...but probably not.
There would be a certain irony to that designation too :(

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Haven't bothered watching but looking at all those 'crusty' parts on the floor, I hope they've made sure the chassis rails and cills are okay?.... :frantic:

Reactions: Paulo and MJL

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

It was a bit like seeing something very unnatural done to a close friend.

I hope they improve on that design... as they've taken out the PPF, I don't understand why you would raise the whole battery pack to go over the anti-roll bar.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Haven't bothered watching but looking at all those 'crusty' parts on the floor, I hope they've made sure the chassis rails and cills are okay?.... :frantic:
I asked in the comments about the cills and chassis rails, apparently it needs work on a cill (and we know how bad they can get)....I'd have thought he'd have sorted the body work, or started with a less rusty one....Investing £18k (yes, he says that's what the 'lekky' bits cost) into a rusty Mk2 isn't good financially surely ?.... ::help:

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Watched the bit with the cills (skipped the rest!)....to be fair it wasn't bad rot-wise for a Mk2 of that age. :hug:

Reactions: MJL

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono. :thumbsup:

He is a good presenter and he keeps a balance of talk, tech and doing things. I enjoyed most of it.

I'm afraid I'd prefer a Honda e I could park out front though.

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I remain skeptical... there is an awful lot of weight there. Let us hope it is balanced.

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,004 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

This a far more technical project than the previous 'electric miata' blog that I remember from a few years ago.

I look forward to the outcome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts