Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently bought a 2009 Mx5 coupe (dark blue) leather seats 5 speed 2 litre. I was unsure whether or not this model should have been 6 speed other than 5. can anyone help? the car was sourced in the UK and I live in New Zealand

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Whereabouts in NZ are you?

Our son (presently UK armed forces) toured NZ both North & South for 3 weeks with a view to emigration.

Currently just transferred to Royal Engineers to aquire surveying & geology certificates.

I hope he does for his sake.

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Hi Prachuab....

Welcome to 'Life' & the wonderful world of the Mx5!... :thumbsup:

As Steveh says the 2.0 does come with a 5-speed, which on a 09 model over here would be known as the SE, (facelifted in 09, some know as the Mk3.5) which could be 'specced up' with leather seats.

It will also have a more comfy ride....compared to the sport version.

Enjoy!....

Reactions: prachuab

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Prachuab....

As Steveh says the 2.0 does come with a 5-speed, which on a 09 model over here would be known as the SE, (facelifted in 09, some know as the Mk3.5) which could be 'specced up' with leather seats.

Enjoy!....
Thanks that clears it up. Appreciated. Will try and put some pics up once I figure how to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Our son (presently UK armed forces) toured NZ both North & South for 3 weeks with a view to emigration.

Currently just transferred to Royal Engineers to aquire surveying & geology certificates.

Hi Prachuab....

Enjoy!....
Thanks that clears it up. Appreciated. Will try and put some pics up once I figure how to.
Hi, We live in Tauranga on NZ's East Coast of its Northern Island in a region known as the 'Bay of Plenty'. Good luck with your sons travels.

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
Welcome to Life prachuab. You s should think yourself lucky.

No one has hijacked your thread yet. :giggle:

Stick around and have some fun. :)

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,221 Posts
Hello, prachuab and welcome to 'life' :wave:

There are some good folk here :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
772 Posts

Hi Prachuab....

Enjoy!....
Hi, We live in Tauranga on NZ's East Coast of its Northern Island in a region known as the 'Bay of Plenty'. Good luck with your sons travels.
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum, I guess Martin will be your nearest member :nod: . The " Bay of Plenty " sounds very exocit, I wouldnt mind some of that lol, as Pat says post some pics up when you can.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Hi prachuab, and welcome.
I remember passing through Tauranga on our travels in 2002, and taking photos of an excellent sunset. I'd love in NZ at the drop of a hat if I could. Lovely country.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts