Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm Steph (24) and finally after always wanting an MX5 yesterday we picked up my 07 plate Mk3 Sport in True Red. An impeccable MOT and service history and 2 previous owners who took amazing care of her.

After collecting her we spent the entire day detailing her inside and out (machine polish, leather treatment, clay bar, the full shabang!)
Minus a few paint chips and one small scratch the body is in amazing condition, now even better and brighter!

She has been lovingly named Mabel 馃馃榿

Any tips for a newbie welcome!
Glasses Smile Plant Eye Facial expression

Attachments

Unicorn finder
Welcome Steph and of course Mabel!
Top tip? Roof off keep to 50 and the rain will go straight around you unless it gets very happy.
Wave at all the other mx5 owners, eventually they鈥檒l get the habit and wave back.
Keep some sun lotion is a cubby hole somewhere- it鈥檚 always those unexpected days that catch you out.
Check your tyre pressures are what they should be.
Enjoy!

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum Steph and lovely looking Mk3 (y) If not already done , I would get the underside protected - MX5's leave the factory with minimal anti corrosion treatment and it's very worthwhile to address this issue. There are some excellent products out there inc. Dinitrol which I have tended to use myself in the past.

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Hi Steph and Mabel, welcome to our lovely forum! 馃槉

Your new car looks amazing and many thanks for sharing the photos 馃グ

Premium Member
Hi Steph and Mabel!.... 馃憢

Welcome to the 'Life' madhouse.....Sorry, Forum I meant! :ROFLMAO:
Great introduction and some smashing pictures to boot!馃憤....I luv shiny exhaust tips!
Have to admit to a Bias for 'True red' as I owned one a good few years back now....

Anyway....Enjoy, and keep us updated on how ownership of the best sports car ever goes for you!....

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
Welcome to our friendly and knowledgeable forum Steph. New to MX5s? You won't regret it, bloody love mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Steph and of course Mabel!
Top tip? Roof off keep to 50 and the rain will go straight around you unless it gets very happy.
Wave at all the other mx5 owners, eventually they鈥檒l get the habit and wave back.
Keep some sun lotion is a cubby hole somewhere- it鈥檚 always those unexpected days that catch you out.
Check your tyre pressures are what they should be.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the tip!
I've popped some factor 50 in the rear cubby as we already have felt the sun even on a mild day :D

Maybe it's my local area but i've waved at a few and not had a response, maybe i'm a too enthusiastic MX5er haha!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum Steph and lovely looking Mk3 (y) If not already done , I would get the underside protected - MX5's leave the factory with minimal anti corrosion treatment and it's very worthwhile to address this issue. There are some excellent products out there inc. Dinitrol which I have tended to use myself in the past.
Thankfully Mabel had been under sprayed and protected by the previous owner, she has been impeccably cared for making my life even easier :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum, I have a 5 in the same colour . Had it from new since 2012, only wish I had bought it with the rag top like yours now. Mines the RC. Lovely 5 you have there. Enjoy!!!
Oh wow it's gorgeous! I never thought id have a red car but just something about this car in this red is just gorgeous!
The only thing i've found is the paranoia of having the rag top and the rain, even though there are no gaps or leaks, and it has been treated waterproofing i can't stop worrying haha :D

Having fun topdown in my MX5
Hi Steph and welcome to the forum :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts