Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

Just saying "Hi Everybody!!!" (in the style of Dr Nick).

Picked up an 08 plate NC 3 weeks ago... so decided to join a forum that appeared UK orientated.

I was originally on the hunt for a bit of a potential scrapper that I could bum about in for a couple of years, but the Wife came across a bit of a one owner minter 3 miles from where we live, so that was that... it was parked on the drive a week later.

Very pleased with it actually, I've spent yonks being sensible.. currently the family stable that I appear to be funding is a '04 Renault Traffic, '13 Disco 4, '10 Suzuki Splash and a '93 Rover Metro (all hail the mighty Metro)... and now the '08 MX-5.... my lad banned me from using his Metro as a run about, so needed another ride, as he's borrowed my van for a bit.

Actual name is Ric... TinMan was a nickname from when I was working in London a few years back.

Regards, RicTS

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
A warm welcome to our friendly group Nic. Sounds like you got yourself a nice car there (y) it being a 2008 plate, do you know if it's a Mk3 or 3.5? Quite a few subtle differences on the 2.0 model especially the 2.0 engine and those with the 6 speed gearbox.

Premium Member
Hi Ric... 馃憢

Welcome to the 'Life' mad house.....Err, sorry forum I meant! 馃き
And not too far away down the M62!
Enjoy your new Mx and don't forget to keep us updated with how you get on....Pictures are most welcome too! (y)

Reactions: Steveti

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Hello Ric and welcome to mx5life.com 馃檵鈥嶁檪锔

All of life is here! 馃槉

Having fun topdown in my MX5
... it being a 2008 plate, do you know if it's a Mk3 or 3.5? Quite a few subtle differences on the 2.0 model especially the 2.0 engine and those with the 6 speed gearbox.
I think the Mark 3 facelift aka Mark 3.5 was not introduced until 2009 in the UK market, so a 2008 car would be a Mark 3

Reactions: Garffey

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
Indeed, I stand erected. 2009 was the crossover year with both NC1 & NC2s being sold that year. 馃憤

Reactions: Garffey
1 - 11 of 11 Posts