Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, got an omex launch control unit and have heard you have to wire it to a igniter unit? As I have read on other forums, but no one actually says how to wire it up. Wire by wire.
As I first thought it was just wire it into the coils but I have been reading around and have herd something about wiring it into an igniter?

Right omex has:

Red - Coil positive
Blue - Coil 1 negative
Blue - coil 2 negative
Black - Earth
Orange - launch control ( I know how to use that :) )

The wire's going to the coils are:

Blue - live
White - Coil 1 ( fires 2 and 3 ) Trigger
Red - Coil 2 (fires 1 and 4) Trigger

Note: On coil pack side, the Blue wire is now Red and the other to are White w/black tracing and Black w/ White tracing.

· On Tour
11,650 Posts
Just a wee nudge for this in case it's been missed by the knowledgeables on the forum

If things have changed, Neela, and you've had light shed upon the wiring issue let us know as well
:thumbsup:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay, thanks for the reply. Bascly i have gone all out and got a megasquirt. So no longer need this but for anyone's future reference it goes on the wires that go to the coils (gray plug) it taps into the trigger wires. :) Hope this will help.

· Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,875 Posts
Salut, j'ai remarqué qu'il s'agit d'un sujet très ancien datant de 2012.
Cela vaut peut-être la peine de créer un nouveau fil pour obtenir plus de réponses.
Aussi quelle année et marque est votre voiture.
Pourquoi ne pas passer à la section des nouveaux membres et vous présenter.
Toutes mes excuses si mon français est médiocre, Google Translate peut être limité.
Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts