Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
my car met with a small accident, insurer fixed everything, but I told them that the car was beyond sluggish, no power out of first(and engine light came on directly after). They said they fixed the body and radiator and what else that was damaged but the engine light and sluggishness was incidental. I took it an idenpedant repairer, said engine seemed fine checked all of the oils, ran a code check, and only found p0012, cam shaft timing, this is brought in by oils but the oils are good. Lost for answers,
Cheers

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,834 Posts
Might be worth a read through this article, looks like the oil quality is only one of a number of possible causes of it throwing a this code:

Keep us all appraised, always good to add to the collective knowledge bank.

·
Premium Member
10,628 Posts
Hi Lankanflyer10.98 👋

As Steve suggests one of the reasons could be engine oil...
A quick 'google' gave this....

Causes of the P0012 Code
There are several reasons the P0012 code can occur. Some of them are easier to deal with than others, so it’s important to perform a complete inspection to figure out what’s going on, thereby resolving the fault and the initial cause.

Here are some of the most common causes:

Hope this is of some help.....Keep us updated (y)

·
9,834 Posts
Hi Lankanflyer10.98 👋

As Steve suggests one of the reasons could be engine oil...
A quick 'google' gave this....

Causes of the P0012 Code
There are several reasons the P0012 code can occur. Some of them are easier to deal with than others, so it’s important to perform a complete inspection to figure out what’s going on, thereby resolving the fault and the initial cause.

Here are some of the most common causes:

Hope this is of some help.....Keep us updated (y)
Thanks Chris, I clearly forgot to attach the linky :oops: Had a lot on my plate, Daughter's wedding on Wednesday and all so little wonder I've been a bit tired and emotional 😥😥

Popped it in my reply now but it looks like the same source (y)

·
Premium Member
10,628 Posts
Had a lot on my plate, Daughter's wedding on Wednesday and all so little wonder I've been a bit tired and emotional 😥😥
Awww....but in a good way Steve, not a chance my daughter will get married ...so I wont have that worry, but she provides plenty other trauma at times! 😂

Good luck!

(y) 🥂

Reactions: Steveti and Kev5

·
9,834 Posts
5 years ago my Daughter (one of twins) would have been in the 'never get married' camp Chris, but...

·
9,834 Posts
Hi
my car met with a small accident, insurer fixed everything, but I told them that the car was beyond sluggish, no power out of first(and engine light came on directly after). They said they fixed the body and radiator and what else that was damaged but the engine light and sluggishness was incidental. I took it an idenpedant repairer, said engine seemed fine checked all of the oils, ran a code check, and only found p0012, cam shaft timing, this is brought in by oils but the oils are good. Lost for answers,
Cheers
Well, there were a number of helpful posts put up to assist Lankanflyer but sadly no response from them :( sad really when members take valuable time to impart knowledge to a new member asking a question but the new member fails to give the courtesy of a reply.

The adage of Manners maketh man seems to be rarely put into use in recent times.

Reactions: boxerdog1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts