Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,222 Posts
Thank you, Jono, as I have mentioned before I do like this young LJK Setright lookalike - he is unpretentious and likeable.

I will enjoy watching these clips later :)

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In clip five you have to ask just how much of the original body will be left. Sentimental value or not I think I'd have replaced the lot with new parts and guaranteed the lack of rust for a few years.

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Car Throttle guy is a knob who revels in his own ignorance and self importance.

Hubnut is a car enthusiast who is prepared to learn by doing and has a passion for keeping unusual cars going.

·
Premium Member
11,673 Posts
The Car Throttle guy is a knob who revels in his own ignorance and self importance.

Hubnut is a car enthusiast who is prepared to learn by doing and has a passion for keeping unusual cars going.
I think you are far too kind to the Car Throttle guy! You missed out 'exhibitionist', 'self-important', 'ignorant' and '#*&%@!'

·
ex-TR7 owner
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you are far too kind to the Car Throttle guy! You missed out 'exhibitionist', 'self-important', 'ignorant' and '#*&%@!'
No, I didn't miss the self important bit :D are you only skim reading my posts, M? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
I don't really mind the 'Car throttle' chap....But taking an ageing Mx-5 and thrashing it so much what more did he expect? :frantic:

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,610 Posts
Pretty much what the last four posts said. The guy is a knob an really what to expect?? Hard track laps are so hard on a car.

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
17,222 Posts
Thank you, Jono, for the résumé.

I have never seen such an untidy garage - what a horrible mess! I simply couldn't work like that!

However, the two reasons I like this chap is his easy-going style and his resemblance to one of my motoring journalism heros, L.J.K. Setright...

IMG_0002_large.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts