Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, hoping someone can help with a quick question. I’ve been searching but struggling.

I have what I’m pretty sure is a mk2 radiator in my car (fitted by previous owner) and I’m switching it out for an allly dual core.

As you can see, it’s currently mounted on the fan mounts, which is not ideal for a ton of reasons.

I can pick up the top mounts from eBay easily enough and fabricate something to mount it properly, but I can’t seem to find the rubber damping grommets anywhere. Is there a global shortage on them or something?

Where’s the best place to find them, what do you guys do, and since everywhere seems to be out of stock have you found workarounds or alternatives? Or is there a secret supply somewhere?

Second question is how do the bottom mounts go? Again, I can pick up the bottom brackets, minus rubbers, but a picture of the underside or understanding how they work would be an enormous help!

Thanks a lot!

Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers man

Yeah it’s the Cosworth 2.9 quad-cam, the early type (BOA) from early 90s Scorpio. There’s a later one (BOB) that looks different that you may have seen in them.

It’s in a Capri now.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

For the Mishimoto rad since I can’t find MX5 mounts I’ve ordered some generic top hat rubbers for a couple of £ and will fabricate some mounts to fit, hopefully I can make it work!
Ta!

·
Premium Member
10,628 Posts
Out of all the 'Dagenham Dustbins' I owned over the years, I'd have this back in a heartbeat! a 2.9 Granada Ghia 4x4..Must have died a good few years ago m.o.t history says it hasn't had it's first m.o.t yet!...😂

Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 7 of 7 Posts