Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lifers!

I'm looking to replace my rusty brake disks as skimming quotes are not looking too cheap for all 4 and found this 'deal'.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m41b0s3956p50033/MAZDA_MX5_-_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Front_and_Rear_Brake_Discs_and_Pad_Set_-_Mazda_MX5_-_2005_onwards

Is this too good to be true? 4 discs with pads for £120, that's well under half the price I was looking at. Has anybody bought these before or knows if they are OEM quality as the site doesn't actually say any brands or anything which worries me.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I got my rear discs and pads from them, and didn't recognise the brand, but they are fine. I'm sure I paid just under £80 for them, so that price for all of them sounds like a good deal. Sometimes with cheaper pads a bit more brake dust is generated, but just clean the wheels more often!

·
Away with the fairies
41,321 Posts
I got my rear discs and pads from them, and didn't recognise the brand, but they are fine. I'm sure I paid just under £80 for them, so that price for all of them sounds like a good deal. Sometimes with cheaper pads a bit more brake dust is generated, but just clean the wheels more often!
Well in that case i would go for them :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at getting different pads anyway seeing as the discs would be so cheap I'd have enough to get some fancy low dust pads. I'll see how much money I have after this weekend before I commit to anything!

·
Unicorn finder
11,533 Posts
They seem a good price. I'd personally go with some recommended brand, as you don't want to shell out twice if they are bad, but thst is just me.
Depends, if it is a Sunday get you to church car.. no problem, if you want to drive it like you stole it......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my fancy new Pipercross panel air filter from MX5parts, really quick service (also got a stubby aerial and some valve caps, because why not?). I'll use them again but I haven't got the equiptment to fit / money to buy everything I want!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I recently bought my rear discs from my local motor factor for about £20 the pair, pads were about £14 I think. Been on for a while and no problems at all. Anyone that knows me will tell you I don't hang about much........ :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reckon I'll go for the deal I found, but I won't be able to get them for a while. I want to sort some springs and get the geometry first so that will be my monthly car budget gone for another month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts