Mazda MX5 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I was shocked to be reminded that early Jaguars had solid rear axles!

We have seen remarkable progress in our life times (and sad declines recently!).

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I'm afraid I just watched the bit about Project Utah and skipped the rest... I shall go and stand in the corner. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I'm afraid I just watched the bit about Project Utah and skipped the rest... I shall go and stand in the corner. :giggle:
Quite right Martin!.... :giggle: ....Why on earth would you spend money on a hideous golf, with an even more hideous exhaust??????????

On the plus side the Mustang will be my next favourite project once Utah is complete... :thumbsup:

Reactions: Kev5

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,022 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

Quite right Martin!.... :giggle: ....Why on earth would you spend money on a hideous golf, with an even more hideous exhaust??????????

On the plus side the Mustang will be my next favourite project once Utah is complete... :thumbsup:
Indeed, not to mention the most hideous Morris Minor I have ever seen!! :cry:

How can the individual who commissioned such an aberration sleep nights, having committed such a heinous crime on a traditionally and previously charming slice of 1960s automotive pleasantness :mellow:

Phew! ...That wuz a bit wordy! :giggle:

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

Indeed, not to mention the most hideous Morris Minor I have ever seen!! :cry:

How can the individual who commissioned such an aberration sleep nights, having committed such a heinous crime on a traditionally and previously charming slice of 1960s automotive pleasantness :mellow:

Phew! ...That wuz a bit wordy! :giggle:
Ha ha!....quite Kev.

Although I've never been a 'moggy' fan myself I have to wonder at some peoples thought processes....

How could you even look at the renderings of that and think it a good idea? :rofl:

Reactions: Kev5

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Got to admire the amount of work and detail in 'Utahs' rear over-riders! :love:

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Utah sounds nice....and pleased to see a bit of progress on the Mustang......
Lost a bit of interest after them, although I like the paint job on the Chevette! :love:

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,022 Posts
Thank you once again for these clips, Jono. There is some really great stuff going on at Retropower.

However, am I alone in not even being able to look at that aberration they call "Morris"?

It is truly the stuff of nightmares! Who, in the name of God, thought that would be a good idea?

To me it is tantamount to taking The Crown Jewels and melting them down to make a wrist bracelet for a rap 'artist' innit??

There is no accounting for taste, but of course 'free expression' must always be allowed in modern society......the exception being that poor Morris Minor!! I wish I had the wherewithal to rescue that poor bastion of Britishness and return it to absolute originality, even down to it's underfloor brake master cylinder, it's 3-bearing A-Series motor and the famous BRRRRRRR BRRR BRRR BRRRRRRR BRRR BRRR BRRRRR exhaust resonance on the overrun!!

RIP, Morris...

Reactions: Garffey

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you for your diligence, Jono.

I started off with the Project Utah report in which the stupid one (brother) spent so much time saying throttle bodies I gave up.

Sorry, I know I'm weak.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts