Mazda MX5 Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

I really enjoyed the news on Project Utah.

The story of the rear door handles really tickled my sense of humour: "Depends how fussy you are." That lack of professionalism just about sums up how I feel about the reproduction parts industry.

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

Oh, we got the slow brother. At least he didn't sip his coffee while miked!

I am sorry, wood is one thing, a painted surface is another. Wood is superior if you wanted wood!

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Oooh! Oooh!....Mk2 Rs! :love:

Reactions: rimx5ch

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

Well, that's better than the German cars... I wish they wouldn't play with good cars, though.
I do like the fact that the cars tried to kill them!

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Thank you, Jono.

The first section about their new work space was really boring but things were more exciting when they went through all the things that were problems for project Utah. The pace of these clips is sagging enough that to do a pale imitation of 'getting the funk out' while showing work on the ugly Morris Minor/MX-5 was just insulting.

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
Watched the bit about Utah....the rest I skipped. :unsure:

Reactions: MJL and Kev5

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,024 Posts
I do hope Jono won't be offended, but I have stopped watching these Retropower clips due to my dwindling attention span! I find the presenter's voices extremely soporific and apart from the heavily modified Jaguar (Project Utah) which is simply fabulous, many of the other projects leave me cold, if I'm honest. I think most of us agree that their 'Morris Minor' is probably the ugliest creation since Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' 😱

If Retropower made their clips shorter and replaced the dreary-voiced presenters, I would certainly be interested again -- after all, their engineering skills and standard of work are absolutely superb, no question 🙂

Reactions: Garffey and MJL
141 - 155 of 155 Posts