Mazda MX5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

Premium Member
Glad to see you finally painted the rocker covers David!.... :p

I understand you just wanted to get it up and running, but fair play to you for doing the paint, (just not sure I'd have had the heart to start stripping it back down just to paint when up and running) and a good choice to match the wheels! :thumbsup:

I guess it's probably not a good time to mention 'painting' the suspension hubs and other bits.......(runs for cover..... :frantic: :rolleyes: ).

Reactions: MJL

Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
Splendid! An excellent project and as Garffey said, the engine looks natural in there. I too look forward to your first drive, David :)

Reactions: MJL and Garffey

Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
At last, it lives and breathes!

Great stuff, David :thumbsup:

Premium Member
Well done Dave the Jazda sounds great..... :thumbsup:

Roll on the first drive!

Enjoy!

Reactions: MJL

Premium Member
Nice to see it 'finished' Dave.... :nod:

Sorry to hear the engine isn't as healthy as it could have been! :unsure:

The 3.0 V6 is usually a good strong motor and 100k shouldn't have been an issue (my old 3.0 X-type had over 111,000 on it and was a peach!)....maybe some of the servicing on your engine wasn't done as well as it could have?

Hope you have it back fit and healthy soon.....

Premium Member
Thank you, David.

That is a good and well-presented clip which deals in depth with some disappointing issues very well.

Registered
Follow my adventure as a blindly wade through learning about VVT solenoids, tappet shims, timing chain tensioners, welding for the first time and generally treading water without making any progress. The replacement engine is in, but all is not well (yet).

Premium Member
Nice to 'catch up' with you and 'Jazda' Dave...

Gutted for you that you've had so much 'grief' with both the Jag motors. :(

I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end though!

Hope you get sorted soon... :nod: ...Look forward to some nice driving video!

Good luck.

Reactions: Kev5

Registered
Follow me on an adventure to track down the source of my timing chain rattle with lots of fails and one big win along the way (including my first proper drive on public roads!)

Premium Member
Congrats on getting this far Dave!

I guess sometimes you must have felt like throwing in the towel.....good for you that you didn't! :thumbsup:

It just seems the Mk1 & the Jag V6 were made for each other.... :inlove:

Enjoy, and drive carefully!!... :nod:

Don't forget to keep us informed how you get on!....All the best.

Reactions: Kev5

Registered
The FULL Rocketeer build video. Replacing the stock 1.6 engine with one with over double the power - a Jaguar 3.0 V6. This video shows all the steps that took me 18 months to complete, but doesn't include all the issues I ran into along the way - if you are interested in those, check out the other videos on my channel.

Registered
Want to hear what a Rocketeer swapped MX5 sounds like on the move? I don't have great equipment for recording audio, but did my best to capture the amazing noise from the Jaguar V6 engine.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts