Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all take great pride in our MX5s looking clean and wash and polish them on a regular basis :)

There are times though when they get dirty, maybe following a fun drive down a mud splattered country lane, or when there is salt on the roads in the winter.

So please show us photos of your MX5 looking dirty :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
022.JPG

Not mine, but yours (hope i got the right 5 Mark?)
299.JPG
This is about as dirty as mine has ever been!

Reactions: clix and Mark

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Flippin' 'eck! i was staring at the Niseko thinking... i'm sure that's YK's old motor... then i noticed other Dave's mk2.5.... Mark's GG looks SB there lol

Reactions: Mark

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The galaxy grey colour does look a little different in certain lights :)

I think Safetymatch's photo is from the Aberstywyth run from a year or so ago

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Ueah - i was wondering that too.... tis the only run which you've overlapped inc. Stealth (as opposed to HagarHagridKatie ;) - and no Gok on our runs now :(

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Mark 1 was my "weapon of choice" on mx5.com runs last year and my Mark 2 similarly now, so I think I only took the Mark 3 on the 2 longer runs to Aberystwyth and Lake Vyrnwy - YK, James and Rubyrider only did the first of those 2.

You may recall we only had 5 cars on the Lake Vyrnwy run with the formation parking round Eric at Powis Castle ;)

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
021.JPG
023.JPG

Formation parking at Powis Castle and the first 'dirty' picture was the Aber Chip run.

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
as i suspected, Dave. :D
when you see that picture of the formation Storm looks bliddy close to Eric
she does like to get up close and personal with other motors ;)

·
Master cat herder
4,750 Posts
Not only dirty, but downright sorry for herself

T'was a couple of years back, between Xmas and new year, was going ooop norff to see my girls, when I found a nice patch of oil/frost(black ice) on an adverse camber exit of a roundabout on the A46 Lincoln by-pass. Before I could do anything, I was facing back the way I came and heading arse first into the scene of the accident. Knocked two tyres off their rims on the leap over the kerb, luckily stopped before meeting the fence!

·
2,584 Posts
A slightly muddy one, this was taken after just arriving home from a Coast to Coast run back in Oct '09 with the NEM.
St Bees in the Lake District then onto Richmond, North Yorkshire and finally, Robin Hood's Bay nr Whitby.
28.JPG

·
Registered
796 Posts
Glad you were OK hovis, could have been bad, theres bugg*r all you can do with black ice. Do you still have the same one ?

try as I might, whilst snowy is pretty dirty and fly splattered, it still looks reasonable in photos.
The wheel on the other hand really gets dusty / dirty with these new green brake pads. (Will forgo the cheaper ones next time for less dust n dirt)
dirty1.jpg

·
Master cat herder
4,750 Posts
Glad you were OK hovis, could have been bad, theres bugg*r all you can do with black ice. Do you still have the same one ?
Indeed - in fact once I'd straightened the slightly dented front wing and got those awfully nice Qwick Fit Fitters to sort the rubber out, I was back on my way - was two hours late meeting the girls, apart from that - no probs!

Reactions: CaptainHaddock

·
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Indeed - in fact once I'd straightened the slightly dented front wing and got those awfully nice Qwick Fit Fitters to sort the rubber out, I was back on my way - was two hours late meeting the girls, apart from that - no probs!
Hovis - not good to see your MX5 parked up off the road - but good to hear that the damage was relatively minor and fairly easily sorted

Even Admiral's car looks dirty in that photo :eek:

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Yup! lovely looking -shows they're getting used in mid Wales.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
050.JPG

Not so much dirty, more fly splattered!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts