Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having not been aware of Sir Henry Seagrave until I visited a Wetherspoons in Southport named after him... :oops:
I found this on Youtube, enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: MJL and Kev5

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A work mate who was rummaging in a local charity shop found this....And thought I may like it
Only when I got looking close at the text on the bottom right did I realise this was another vehicle Sir Henry used to race!.
Albiet not the land speed car!...But nice to see a bit about Sir Henrys history.

Wheel Vehicle Hood Car Tire

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another on his 'Golden arrow' land speed car...

Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
Wonderful, fabulous, brilliant videos, Chris!

Thank you so much, they have made my day!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonderful, fabulous, brilliant videos, Chris!

Thank you so much, they have made my day!
He was a great man yet we don't hear as much about him as we do Donald Campbell.
Honestly Kev, I'd never heard of the fella until we called in the 'Henry Seagrave' pub in Southport for breakfast!
Yes, I was amazed how easy he made things seem when other attempts had ended in failure/death!

Bill, that's very true, they have a display dedicated to Donald Campbell at the Lakeland motor museum, yet sir Henry funded most of his effort from his own pocket.
That in itself was no mean feat.
A true inspiration!

Spending the kid's inheritance .............
I believe that I saw "Golden Arrow" at the Beaulieu motor museum many years ago. I probably have a "proper photo" of her amongst many others taken at Beaulieu buried in the archives somewhere. JG Parry-Thomas is another land speed contender, like Seagrave, who very few remember nowadays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts