Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
djrose007 - Dave Rose
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited the excellent Gloucester Services on the M5 this morning to man the RBL Poppy stand for a couple of hours
When I was reversing into the parking space I looked into my mirror and did a double-take! There was another Copper Red MX-5 in the space behind me!
Turned out to be the manager of the services, a lovely lady whose name I didn't get I'm afraid. She spotted my car in front of hers and wondered who it was until I took her my registration to log it as being present for an extended period. We were both thrilled, of course.
The title of 'Snap, almost' is because hers is a Mk3.5 against my older Mk3. 15.5 years and still going strong since 2007.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,834 Posts
Nice one Dave and lovely to see you again, hope you and the family are all well.

Reactions: djrose007

·
djrose007 - Dave Rose
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay nice one

great to see you Dave :) x
Thanks Pat, Yes, I'm afraid you haven't got rid of me yet 🤣🤣
Keep thinking I'll sell because I don't use it as much, have to ferry grandchildren and aged (94 years old) Mother in Law around so have to use the i20 a lot more, and the bike of course!!
But then I get in and drive it, mind changed within a mile or so!

·
djrose007 - Dave Rose
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one Dave and lovely to see you again, hope you and the family are all well.
Thanks Steve, I'm still alive and kicking. Mostly riding around on the Bike. E.g. I'll set off about 05:30 next Sunday (13th) to get down to London for the Veterans Parade at the Cenotaph. Much easier to park a bike, and for free, in London!
Table Leisure Event Recreation Suit

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,834 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'm still alive and kicking. Mostly riding around on the Bike. E.g. I'll set off about 05:30 next Sunday (13th) to get down to London for the Veterans Parade at the Cenotaph. Much easier to park a bike, and for free, in London! View attachment 75897
That's exellent Dave, keep up the good and important work.
Lest we forget.

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,716 Posts
I will keep an eye out for the manager’s MX5, given that Gloucester Services are not that far from me, although it may be she travels to work from out of the county.

Reactions: djrose007

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,964 Posts
Great to see you here again, Dave! Please keep up the excellent and important work 👍 👍

[PS: The car's still looking great :love:]

·
Premium Member
10,628 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'm still alive and kicking. Mostly riding around on the Bike. E.g. I'll set off about 05:30 next Sunday (13th) to get down to London for the Veterans Parade at the Cenotaph. Much easier to park a bike, and for free, in London! View attachment 75897
Nice to see you on here again DJ....and doing such a fantastic job too!
Keep up the good work Sir!... (y) (y)

Reactions: Kev5 and djrose007

·
djrose007 - Dave Rose
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, what I didn't tell you was about my adventure last April.
Did Route 66, Chicago to Santa Monica (Los Angeles). 2,660 miles with a diversion to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Park.
Fabulous ride and experience, despite the high cross winds and wet weather for 3 of the 15 days, could have been worse and didn't spoil the experience.
www.born-to-ride-route66.weebly.com

·
Premium Member
10,628 Posts
Thanks everyone, what I didn't tell you was about my adventure last April.
Did Route 66, Chicago to Santa Monica (Los Angeles). 2,660 miles with a diversion to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Park.
Fabulous ride and experience, despite the high cross winds and wet weather for 3 of the 15 days, could have been worse and didn't spoil the experience.
www.born-to-ride-route66.weebly.com
Wow DJ!....Lucky fella!
While I've always fancied 'doing route 66', for me it's less about the bike and more about an old Mustang or Thunderbird to do it in.
Sadly while the Covid test is still part of entry I won't be doing it anytime soon! :cautious:

Reactions: Kev5

·
djrose007 - Dave Rose
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow DJ!....Lucky fella!
While I've always fancied 'doing route 66', for me it's less about the bike and more about an old Mustang or Thunderbird to do it in.
Sadly while the Covid test is still part of entry I won't be doing it anytime soon! :cautious:
Well, there ye go. two days before I left UK to fly to Chicago the re-entry, back to UK, requirements were dropped. No need for you to have anything to come back.
To get into the states you just need your NHS Covid test result from the NHS. It can be a self administered test, at home, which you register with the NHS, and they respond pretty much immediately with the result that you submit.
I like the idea of doing it in a Mustang, or similar, had to be a bike for me though 😊🏍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts