Mazda MX5 Forum banner

Sunshine! What did we do today?

8K views 174 replies 17 participants last post by  safaristu 
#1 ·
Having a good blast around the lanes today and its slightly warmer weather, makes it all worthwhile. :)
Who ordered the Sun? Fantastic! :nod:

#2 ·
Went out with NWOC, started off in quite heavy rain to get to the start point then the sun came out, all tops down apart from one fixed mk1 i dont think he'll have it on next time, we toured east Cumbria and lunched in Appleby (home of the gypsy horse traders) totaled 210mls with 2 dot comas, Alan and Tim (Russel Watson's Dad) who i had to scrounge £1 off for the carpark, cracking day if a litle chilly, i'm guessing Jo Ali and Mark are still out on their run because they've not posted up yet.

#3 ·
Mark and I played away from home by joining South Wales OC on a short run in Monmouthsire.
Then we bid them farewell and drove the nice route to Hereford - thro' there and then the nice route up to Bromyard where we met Admiral and Mrs and Captain Haddock and the Captain's wife for a late lunch.
Admiral and Mrs then went home as they were en route back from their work's christmas-do [ya gotta laugh] and the Haddocks and Mark followed me the nice route to Ludlow where we met another .COMer who's gonna help me with brake pads and their fitting.
That's where we split and i had a hoot of a solo run home over 17 miles of fun road as the last light was vanishing from the sky.:skip:
The end

Reactions: Mark
#4 ·
Jot and I played away from home by joining South Wales OC on a short run in Monmouthsire.
Then we bid them farewell and drove the nice route to Hereford - thro' there and then the nice route up to Bromyard where we met Admiral and Mrs and Captain Haddock and the Captain's wife for a late lunch.
Admiral and Mrs then went home as they were en route back from their work's christmas-do [ya gotta laugh] and the Haddocks and I followed Jot the nice route to Ludlow where we met another .COMer who's gonna help Jot with brake pads and their fitting.

That's where we split and I had quite a long run home over more than 50 miles of mixed roads and it was definitely dark by the time I got home!!
The end
No point in me typing the same again so I have quoted Jot's reply above and edited it slightly :)

#7 ·
Spent the morning in Swadlincote (sweating) spent the afternoon in Branston (sweating) got home at 7pm and realised i had no bread for mi butties tomorrow, so rather than walk 5mins to the local shop i got the car out and did about 30mls, came home and put the car away then it dawned on me, I'D FORGOT THE BREAD, bugger!

Reactions: Ali5
#18 ·
Yesterday was a brilliant MX5ing day :)

Went on Jot's Not The Royal Wedding Drive with 8 other 5s (and 9 for a time) and clocked up 285 fun filled miles :)

Big thanks to Jot for organising and leading, to Safetymatch for buying the ice creams and to all for their company and for making it such an enjoyable day :)

Reactions: Jot and jcat
#23 ·
And the MX5Life ice cream meet duly took place on Clee Hill yesterday afternoon with 4 members in attendance :)

It was a bit windy so naturally we had to go for a bit of a drive and then on to a pub for food (ice cream with your dessert anyone ;) )

#24 ·
Up at 7.15 had coffee and my latest tablets, then washed and microfibered the 5 by 8.30, off to the MOT station to pace up and down expecting the worst anyway it passed with flying colours (his words not mine) coughed up £50 for the privilige of having a good car, then off to the bank to put £50 back in my wallet, right it's now 10.30 'what shall i do now?' Ahh, something i've been meaning to do for ages, back home and 4hrs later i've clayed the car twice and double waxed it, gleaming like a new pin now, infact it's so clean i don't want to drive it, how sad's that?

#25 ·
Went for a boat trip with some Scottish Fivers on the clyde.
Should have been a fairly long trip from centre of Glasgow to Rothesay but the wind caused us to only get as far as Dunbarton. Water was rough enough there without risking going any further :( were still out for over 3hrs though.
Had a great day and they took pics of us out on the river to put on their updated website, wanted a happy, friendly bunch :D

Almost as good as being out in the MX5, heck of a lot colder and windier though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.