Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Grandchildren.
Today I found out that my now 4½ year old Granddaughter has been telling stories.

Context in messages below:

[10/09, 20:41] Steve: Two speed vans on the A90 tonight.

(i.e on my way home from visiting my Grandson on his second Birthday)

[10/09, 20:52] Fi: Were you going fast enough? Maggie was telling another mum at the school gates you go super fast so the police can't catch you 😂😂😂😂

[10/09, 20:53] Steve: NOOOO, I hope she didn't, wee bugger 😮

[10/09, 20:54] Fi: She did..... Her little girl has been admiring your 'sooo tiny' car. 🤣

God only knows what rep that lass has got me. Still chuckling though 😂

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
38,597 Posts
"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings ....", Steve ! :ROFLMAO:

Your Granddaughter will be telling them next that you have the loudest car in the Town ! 🤣

·
Unicorn finder
11,450 Posts
You can always rely on small people to tell others stories like this. ⬆

I was talking to a bunch of 8Y.Os. First day I’d met them. We were reading a book about sleeping on the floor in the winter. I was explaining that I’d gone around to my friends house for a party once, and as it was very late and a very long drive away, I’d slept over on her lounge floor- no carpet, open floor boards- and how the wind had whistled up the gaps between the boards in the night.

8yo- “Had you drink too much Vodka to drive?”
He must have noticed my expression, because he looked uneasily around him, mumbled a bit and said.
“Sorry, I mean had you had too much Prosecco?!”

Sometimes it’s very hard not to giggle.

·
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings ....", Steve ! :ROFLMAO:

Your Granddaughter will be telling them next that you have the loudest car in the Town ! 🤣
Having just removed the Racing Beat Back box Nick ad gone back t the BBR GT box she can't say that any more. It was just getting overly raucous with the charger which of course makes any system much louder. Given the increase in our local youth population's very loud exhausts complete with backfire re-mapping I thought it perhaps prudent to quieten things down a little. Glad to report though that for both Maggie and George the GM still makes enough of a Broom-Bah to keep them happy.

·
Premium Member
9,827 Posts
Nice to see you're 'Growing old gracefully' Steve!... 😂 (y)

·
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to see you're 'Growing old gracefully' Steve!... 😂 (y)
She's truly hilarious with some of the stuff she says mate, I may be her Granddad but apparently I'm not old at all and just about the same age as she is. Lovely t be seen that way through they eyes of a young Grandchild, they don't see age, colour, disability etc as we do, wouldn't it be a cracking world if we could all think on certain matters as they do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts