Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob on Chris, a clean pass this year.

Emissions are always my concern, AF ratio is always bob on at 14.7:1 but as it usually does it fails the first fast idle test on CO at double the allowable tolerance, second idle test; max is 0.30% and it puts out 0.13% so a bit of clearing it's throat brings it down to being pretty clean.

Tester did comment on how well the car was looked after too, always nice to get these kind of comments in a 12 year old MX5 modified to the extent the GM is.

Happy boy here today.

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just always a nagging doubt over emissions with the mods, original injectors are replaced by the "big blue" Bosch items but it has historically failed the first fast idle test and gone on to be very clean on the second run, can only assume it needs that little sports cat right up to temp.

Reactions: boxerdog1 and Kev5

Premium Member
Just always a nagging doubt over emissions with the mods, original injectors are replaced by the "big blue" Bosch items but it has historically failed the first fast idle test and gone on to be very clean on the second run, can only assume it needs that little sports cat right up to temp.
Yes, even in standard set -up emissions can be a problem....
A little 'Italian tune-up' always helps beforehand. ;)

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Emissions sheet. First fast idle fail on CO, second run with the cat a bit hotter, looks pretty clean to me.

Attachments

Premium Member
Does Steve really need an excuse for an "Italian tune-up" ? 馃槃
Quite right Nick....Not at all, I'll never forget him 'Tuning-up' the GM with Kev on board though!!.... 馃き

Premium Member
Skodaboy
Quite right Nick....Not at all, I'll never forget him 'Tuning-up' the GM with Kev on board though!!.... 馃き
Ha! Ha! How could I forget?!! 馃槀

It can really shift, can that GM! But I felt totally confident with our Steveti in the hot seat! (y)

[PS: What a fab weekend that was! 馃グ]

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does Steve really need an excuse for an "Italian tune-up" ? 馃槃
Every day's an Italian tune up, only when safe to do so of course 馃憤

1 - 12 of 12 Posts