Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sadly Rossi has announced he is to retire from Moto GP.
The place will be different without the goat!.... :cry:
Sadly video wont show here, but the 'Watch on you tube' link works...

Premium Member
It was inevitable really Chris, I saw a few days ago that Vale was retiring and it came as no surprise. Moto GP certainly won't be the same without him. There's been talk of him going car racing in the DTM series and also of him heading his own Moto GP team which is all just speculation at the moment by the looks, but I think we all know that it's not the last we've seen of him 馃榿

End of an era for sure but there are some really good young riders coming through now and who knows, there could be another Rossi among them .... but in reality, I'm guessing it'll be a very long time before we see anyone like him again

Registered
They said the same with Surtees, Hailwood, Ago, Sheene, Doohan, Dunlop etc etc.
Time stands still for no man and Rossi (IMO) took too long realising that his time was up these past few years.

Premium Member
if you spoke about motogp the first name people said was rossi who with be the name first on the list happy retirement to im ,hope rossi does not fade away he is such a ambassador for the sport

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, as many have said so many great names of the past and Rossi will be added to that list, and like Hailwood, Sheene, Dunlop, Doohan and many others that will continue to come and go!
Also nice to see a couple of Brits in Mcphee and Dixon getting a 'try out' further up the ladder...

Reactions: Paulo and Kev5

Premium Member
Sad to see the Dr retire but as others have said time waits for no one. Enjoyed watching him in Sky's the switch, when his team had a day with Lewis Hamilton's Merc F1 team and they drove each others machines. Hamilton is a massive bike fan, and his latest Bike is a MV Agusta Brutale I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts