Mazda MX5 Forum banner
12721 - 12740 of 12778 Posts

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,526 Posts
Not yesterday but earlier this week I finally got down to BBR (as per previous posts) Ohlins now installed and a new geo set up to complement them. Total of some 785 miles covered by the GM which never missed a beat despite some of the worst rainstorms I've ever had the displeasure of driving through complete with the roads being infested by the absolute idiot vehicle operators. Rain so bad that traffic was down to 25mph at times on the M6 and visibility next to zero but these clowns still driving with no lights on or distance awareness. It's incredible that despite seeing a few near misses there were no serious accidents, 44 years since I passed my test now and this was the worst I've encountered in rain, surface water and complete ar*eholes sharing the road with me.

Still, home safe and although early days with the Ohlins and mostly motorway driving they do feel much more stable than the previous and slightly tired set up.

I met up with Dave (Dewi) as planned and we had a great time chatting, visiting the British Motor Museum and then an overnight stay at Dave's to break the journey home. Firts distance drive since 2017!! Yes, 2018 my shoulders were so badly shot that even a 40 mile drive was painful, 2019 January, left shoulder replaced, June the right one was done so really 2019 was a recovery year, then 2020, a year I had plans to travel around a lot - Covid!! It really was a treat to get out for some proper driving again and I think the GM appreciated the long run as well as getting a new set of legs to boot.

Strangely enough by coincidence, whilst wandering around the BMM I recieved a message in from another well known member of this forum telling me that his car was in at BBR having work done and that he had persuaded Neil of BBR to put my Koni's back on and fit them to his '5 while it was there - No chance Steve 🤣just a shame we were in the BMM at the time and missed an opportunity for a meet up.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Took the Hornet for a little run out of around 40 miles....It ran perfectly, so on returning home I changed the oil and filter, and gave the rear brake a clean/lubricate as it was slightly warm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Having seen photos of rusty rear ends I decided to take off my newly painted back bumper and check for rust, no idea why I didn't do it BEFORE it was resprayed!! When I got it off there was no rust and now I don't know if I should be pleased there's no rust or annoyed that I've wasted an afternoon. :unsure:

·
Token Yank
22,611 Posts
Ordered set of urethane suspension bushings from Moss to eliminate some of the sloppy handling, and clunks coming from the rear of the car.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Booked the Mx in for it's m.o.t (6th Sept)....Its almost 3 years (In October) of ownership with me and my little 1.5!....
Time flies! o_O

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,004 Posts
Ordered set of urethane suspension bushings from Moss to eliminate some of the sloppy handling, and clunks coming from the rear of the car.
Hi Dennis, a clunking from the rear end of the NC is very often perished or damaged bump-stops at the top of the rear struts. This is a common weakness with the model and rear spring removal is the only way to replace them.

Reactions: MJL

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Fitted some 'shorty' levers to the Hornet, don't know why but I've always found the levers on Honda a bit far from the handlebars and as I don't have huge mitts, always found them a pain (literally)....While the brake one is adjustable it was a bit bent, so obviously replaced them as a pair!
Now much more comfortable to operate.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
After spending a good chunk of time watching the Moto Gp from Silverstone today....my appetite for a little 'run out' was aching! 😌
So took both bikes out ....One at a time of course! 😂

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
After spending a good chunk of time watching the Moto Gp from Silverstone today....my appetite for a little 'run out' was aching! 😌
So took both bikes out ....One at a time of course! 😂
do you get people saying what do you need two bikes for as you can only ride one at once put not about have more then one car :unsure:

12721 - 12740 of 12778 Posts